The Vice President of Development and Donor Relations plays a
critical role in increasing the positive impact of the Santa Fe
Community Foundation (SFCF) across northern New Mexico. This
position is responsible for managing all aspects of the
Foundation’s day-to-day financial resource development and donor
stewardship to support the growth of SFCF’s endowment and long-term
grantmaking aspirations. As department head, the VP will provide
leadership, strategic direction, and oversight for the Development
& Donor Relations team, ensuring all department staff have
clearly defined goals to advance SFCF’s strategic objectives and
implement high-impact fundraising strategies.
This position is a member of the Santa Fe Community Foundation’s
Executive Team. The VP works closely with the President & CEO
and stewardship committees, and provides a high-level of internal
and external leadership on behalf of the Foundation.
Work closely with the President & CEO and in alignment with
the Foundation’s strategic plan to:
- Lead the creation and implementation of a comprehensive
development program inclusive of but not limited to a strategy that
identifies, cultivates, and secures new donors.
- Ensure the facilitation of all gifts from donors.
- Advance a comprehensive planned giving program that fosters
SFCF’s business development relations with financial advisors,
institutions, and trust companies.
- Formulate and execute plans to increase community philanthropic
- Create and oversee development-focused events.
- A thorough understanding of all products, services, workplans,
and metrics of the department and SFCF is required.
Oversee functional areas and provide leadership in local and
- Maintain a high-level public presence for the Foundation
through presentations, public speaking, writing, and attendance at
philanthropic functions that further the strategic development and
stewardship objectives of SFCF.
As a member of the Executive Team, foster and promote
interdepartmental collaboration that capitalizes on diverse
backgrounds, perspectives, and skills to accomplish foundation
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the
organization’s mission, policies, strategies, and operations.
- Identify, consider, and lead opportunities for internal
integration of work across functions and departments to make
connections and leverage the strengths and efforts of SFCF.
Department Oversight and Management
As department head, build, develop, and manage a team capable of
carrying out needed strategies.
- Create budgets and timelines for projects and manage workflow
internal to the department.
- Prepare and review staff work assignments and evaluate
individual and department performance.
- Ensure department staff have clearly defined and communicated
goals designed to advance and support SFCF’s strategic
- Maintain active involvement in professional development of
staff, using SFCF resources and training.
- Coach and mentor staff in the areas of problem solving,
understanding SFCF’s philanthropic priorities, and developing
strategies and goals for development and donor relations.
Work closely with the President & CEO, participate in board
and committee meetings as appropriate, and cooperatively staff the
10-15 years related experience, preferably in development, major
gifts, financial services, trust management, private banking,
legal, or nonprofit setting of comparable complexity is
About the Santa Fe Community Foundation
Founded in 1981, the Santa Fe Community Foundation inspires
philanthropic generosity, strengthens nonprofits, and fosters
positive change to build a more vibrant, healthy, and resilient
region. We envision a thriving northernNew Mexico, where all people
can find opportunity, build connections, and contribute to the
well-being of their communities.
Full Job Description
For a complete job description and to apply, please visit our