- Care Dimensions
- Massachusetts, United States
- Competitive Salary
- Closing date
- Feb 14, 2023
- Position Type
- Executive, Fundraising, Annual Fund, Capital Campaigns, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Grant Seeking, Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Prospect Research, Other Fundraising, Special Events, Programs, Community Outreach, Grant Administration, Grant Making, Administrative, Public Relations and Communications
- Community Development, Community Foundations, Health, Philanthropic Advisors
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Full Time: M-F
How You'll Contribute:
Reporting to the President/CEO, the Vice President of Development fosters a culture of philanthropy within the organization. The position assures that Care Dimensions culture systems and procedures support fund development and vice versa. Provides strategic planning and direction to all fundraising and development activities. The VP will provide leadership to a comprehensive and cost-effective fundraising program, encompassing annual giving, capital campaigns, major gifts, planned giving, special events, memorial giving, stewardship and other initiatives to attract maximum support from Care Dimensions' constituency of individuals, businesses, foundations and community organization.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- CFRE certification preferred.
- Seven to ten years of successful hands-on experience in a fundraising role, preferably within a healthcare organization.
- Highly strategic thinker with he ability to develop and execute coordinated plans across all facets of a development effort, including, but not limited to, administrative leadership, annual giving, communications, and public relations
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Proven experience and skill in leadership and managerial skills with the ability to prioritize activities o the fundraising effort and coach individual staff members to high levels of performance.
- Computer literacy in the Windows environment, keyboarding ability, working knowledge of office equipment required. Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Understanding of – and ability to articulate – hospice philosophy and principles.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing a comprehensive development plan.
- A proven track record in identifying, cultivating and soliciting major gifts in the $50K - $1M range.
- Thorough knowledge of the various methods of charitable giving and of the legal and tax implications of both current and planned gifts.
- Ability and willingness both to work as part of a team and to operate autonomously while keeping staff, Board and volunteers apprised of issues, problems, opportunities and progress.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, volunteers, board members and a variety of donors and potential donors.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert