Content Marketing Manager
(NYC preferred; other locations may be considered)
Guided by the remarkable legacy of its co-founder, Helen Keller,
Helen Keller Intl partners with communities that are striving to
overcome longstanding cycles of poverty. By delivering the
essential building blocks of good health, sound nutrition and clear
vision, we help millions of people create lasting change in their
own lives. Working in more than 20 countries – across Africa, Asia,
Europe, and the United States – and together with a global
community of supporters, we are ensuring every person has the
opportunity – as Helen did – to reach their true potential.
Helen Keller is seeking a Content Marketing Manager to help
raise Helen Keller’s profile and brand, develop, and communicate
stories of impact on the lives of individuals, families and
communities, and help attract and engage philanthropic individuals
and families passionate about Helen Keller’s mission.
Scope of the Position
Reporting to the Director, Marketing and Communications, the
Content Marketing Manager will communicate Helen Keller’s global
impact to strengthen the organization’s public profile and advance
its mission. S/he will help develop, implement, and manage a
storytelling pipeline to capture the critical work Helen Keller is
doing to help strengthen the organization’s public profile among
prospects, donors, media, and partners.
We're looking for a self-starter who is both a collaborative
thinker and independent contributor with a passion for telling
impactful stories that drive donor action. A strong candidate will
have a keen editorial eye and strong marketing instincts, always
curious to discover new stories and new opportunities. S/he is
comfortable producing short form pieces with a quick turnaround and
limited details to draw from, and can then adapt that content for
multiple channels including, but not limited to: website, social
media, email, advertising and donor conversation points.
- Storytelling (65%)
- Oversee Helen Keller Intl’s blog, posting stories biweekly or
weekly that demonstrate Helen Keller’s impact on children and
family members across all countries.
- Manage distribution of bimonthly digital subscriber newsletter
in partnership with the Director.
- Develop, implement, and manage systems that include workflows,
processes, controls and documentation for storytelling
- Partner closely with the Program Communications Officer to
implement and refine storytelling pipeline.
- Liaise with program teams and country-based teams to tease out
stories of impact.
- Content Marketing (25%)
- Adapt stories for and contribute regularly to donor
communication including newsletters, emails, annual reports,
talking points, social media, white papers, etc.
- Draft original content and guide, edit, and support content
development by colleagues in effort to increase visibility.
- Manage positioning requests for 990, charity watchdogs,
- Support media relations, including monitoring Helen Keller’s
public profile, drafting content, and sharing recommendations to
raise the organization’s profile.
- Maintain and monitor brand integrity and editorial guidelines
across internal and external communications.
- Social Media (10%)
- Manage day-to-day social media to grow a community of followers
- Convene a group of staff social media contributors to share our
work and impact directly with our audiences.
- Support training for country- and program-based staff to launch
and maintain individual social media channels.
- With Director, liaise with celebrities and influencers to
advance Helen Keller’s messaging.
- Education: Degree in communications,
journalism, marketing or related field a plus.
- Experience: 6-8 years of experience in
marketing, communications, and/or journalism, preferably with a
global nonprofit, or equivalent combination of education and
- Experience or interest in donor communications, development, or
- Superior English language writing, editing, and proofreading
skills, with focus and experience in synthesizing complex content
into essential, compelling messages for a range of mediums
including one-pagers, reports, white papers, website, social media
- Ability to independently problem solve and drive your own work
across multiple fast-moving projects in a globally dispersed
organization with effective prioritization.
- Excellent project management, collaboration, and
- Prior experience with Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress,
Hootsuite, and Meltwater preferred.
- Demonstrable respect for all persons regardless of religion,
ethnicity, class, or gender, with a high comfort level working in a
diverse environment with a demonstrated commitment to high
professional ethical standards.
- Commitment to Helen Keller Intl’s work and mission.
- Proficiency in French is a plus.
- Ability and willingness to flex work hours to accommodate
multiple time zones. Core work hours are expected to follow Eastern
Standard Time (US).
- Helen Keller requires all US-based staff, and all staff who
travel internationally to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19,
whether or not they have had COVID.
- When community transmission rates of COVID are high, Helen
Keller also requires all US-based staff to wear masks while
providing program services and when in any open or public space in
the office and to observe social distancing.
The midpoint of the salary range for this position is $91,000
with a minimum of $72,800 and a maximum of $109,200. Actual
base salary will vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant
experience, base salary of internal peers, and business
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be accepted until
the position is filled. We would especially appreciate a thoughtful
cover letter regarding your specific interest in this role at Helen
Keller. Applications will be accepted until the position is
In the spirit of our founder and namesake, Helen
is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where
diversity in all its forms is fully valued.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer where all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or
protected veteran status.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to
individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual
with a disability and need to request an accommodation during the
application or interview process, please contact us at the email
above or call: +1 646-356-1789.