Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate
change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people
like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit
with a growing staff of more than 1,000 people in nearly 30
countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate
pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the
effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can
have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to
governments worldwide, and even in space.
Our culture, https://www.edf.org/our-mission-and-values.
Click or tap if you trust this link."
data-linkindex="0">values and https://www.edf.org/diversity.
Click or tap if you trust this link."
href="https://www.edf.org/diversity" target="_blank" rel="noopener"
data-auth="Verified" data-linkindex="1">commitment to
diversity make EDF an exciting and meaningful place
to work. Every job here makes a difference. Won’t you join
The Institutional Giving Coordinator is a support function
working closely with senior fundraisers to provide the top notch
administrative and project management skills needed to cultivate,
solicit, and steward EDF’s most generous donors. The ideal
candidate will draw on previous experience, bringing project and
grant administration skills, as well as research capacity,
financial acumen and an analytical mindset to support a
Department, Location and Reporting
The Institutional Giving (IG) team sits within EDF’s Development
Department. The Development Department raises 90% of EDF’s $250M+
budget annually; the IG team is responsible for raising a
significant portion of the department’s revenue. This
position will be located in EDF’s San Francisco, New York,
Washington DC, or Boston office.
- Work closely with 2-3 portfolio managers to cultivate, solicit
and steward a portfolio of donors by contributing to development of
funder materials—e.g., proposals, reports, email updates, financial
reports and other financial information, etc.
- In coordination with portfolio managers and program staff,
develop realistic and efficient timelines for donor products, and
manage process workflow for these materials, working across
departments, organizational hierarchy, cultures and time
- Compose drafts, proofread and/or edit funder materials as well
as internal communications, using the highest writing standards,
utmost accuracy and EDF’s style and messaging.
- Maintain timely and accurate donor information in EDF’s
- Maintain financial projections, as well as track and analyze
various fundraising metrics and activities.
- Assist with donor research, and keep abreast of EDF’s
priorities to help portfolio managers identify alignment with
- Provide top-notch administrative support including processing
and tracking department correspondence; scheduling, attending and
taking notes for internal meetings; scheduling supervisor’s and
team members’ meetings and travel; and completing expense reports
for Sr. IG Officers.
- Participate in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all
backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered
to address the environmental and organizational challenges in
alignment with EDF values
- A minimum of three years of administrative fundraising and
project management experience, preferably in a non-profit or
academic setting. A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including
the ability to compose, edit, and expertly proofread donor
materials and correspondence, among other documents; exceptional
attention to detail.
- Experience reviewing and analyzing financial reports strongly
- Strong strategic and analytical skills and the ability to write
clearly and concisely.
- Excellent judgement and interpersonal skills, including the
ability to maintain tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality while
representing the organization and interfacing with all levels of
staff, volunteers, funders, and vendors.
- The ability to work effectively across a complex, dynamic
organization and among geographically dispersed colleagues.
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity; the ability to work
independently as well as within a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, and with
donor database(s) required; experience with Salesforce
- Commitment to the mission of Environmental Defense Fund.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and
inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders
across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive
salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities
consistent with a modern global organization.
The pay range for this role is 62,000 - 68,500
USD which takes into account factors such as
candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and
How to Apply
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter on our careers site
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal
opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are
considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
basis prohibited by law.