Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international
non-profit organization. We invest in women leaders who are
tackling the world’s greatest challenges – from gender-based
violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more. We
are “venture catalysts,” identifying leaders with a daring vision
for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality.
What sets Vital Voices apart is that we make long-term, holistic
investments in leaders with bold ideas for change — providing them
connections, capacity, a network of their peers, financial support,
and visibility for their work. We have provided early support for
leaders who went on to become Nobel Peace Laureates, US Youth Poet
Laureates, Prime Ministers, award winning innovators and
breakthrough social entrepreneurs. Over the past 24 years, we have
directly invested in more than 20,000 change-makers across 184
countries, who in turn have improved the lives of millions of
people in their communities and countries.
Today, Vital Voices has a staff of nearly 80 headquartered in
Washington, DC. We’ve recently been working to dramatically scale
our impact in accordance with our bold vision. In early 2022, we
opened the first ever Global Headquarters for Women’s Leadership, a
30,000+ sq. ft. historic building just blocks from the White House
on 16th Street. It is a hub of activity, events, and collaborations
— bringing together women leaders and their allies to tackle the
world’s greatest challenges.
Vital Voices is seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial recruiter
to join our growing People Operations team. The Talent Acquisition
Specialist will be responsible for attracting candidates for roles
across all of Vital Voices. As the search for talent becomes more
competitive this role will play a critical role in ensuring we find
and hire the right talent to catalyze our impact. The Specialist
takes charge of day-to-day recruiting in a lean environment, but
also has the ability to see the big picture and improve upon our
process, structure, and strategy. Under the direction of the VP,
People Operations the Specialist will serve as a thought leader
across the organization to ensure our practices are reflective of
best practices and emerging trends and to identify opportunities to
drive continuous improvement with existing People Operations
systems and processes. This position is based in Washington, DC and
reports to the VP, People Operations.
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Build relationships with Vital Voices network, institutions,
and partners to cultivate and deepen recruitment partnerships to
attract high-quality, diverse talent to Vital Voices.
- Partner with the VP, People Operations to build out the
recruiting function from a strategic perspective
- Partner with the communications team to develop creative media
content across existing Vital Voices social media platforms and
ensure that social media activities are aligned with
- Maximize sourcing channels, networks, social media, university
relations, career fairs, diversity pools, other talent
- Demonstrate a proactive customer service approach, meeting
face-to-face with hiring managers and candidates
- Attend and participate in job fairs, open houses, and website
- Manage logistics for interview days, including preparation of
interview materials and Scheduling, and coordinating interviews for
- Screen candidates to evaluate qualifications or eligibility
based on role requirements and Vital Voices’ culture
- Create and revise job announcements in collaboration with
- Identify opportunities for outreach, and represent and promote
Vital Voices through external events, tours, partnerships and other
- People Operations
- Serve as a back-up system administrator for transactional
requests in Paylocity Vital Voices’ System (HRIS)
- Maintain all personnel files in compliance with federal, state,
and audit guidelines in collaboration with People Operations
- Work with Finance and Ops Team to ensure a seamless recruiting
and onboarding process for new hires including leading onboarding
sessions with new hires
- Maintain all New Hire recruiting and onboarding spreadsheets in
accordance with department policy
- Support Quarterly/Yearly analytical report of staff
demographics and trends
- Support Yearly personnel file audits and ensuring all files are
- Employee Relations
- Support the Vital Voices continuous improvement cycle,
providing training to managers and employees around best practices
related to recruitment and onboarding
- Complete background and reference checks for employment
requests for new hires
- Facilitate employee exit interviews as needed
- DE&I Commitment: Embrace and Model the
Vital Voices guiding principles, values, investment and leadership
models with the goal of supporting Vital Voices organizational
culture and successes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, plus 2-4 years of relevant work experience
required, OR Graduate degree, plus 1-3 years of work
- 3-5 years of experience in progressively responsible recruiting
roles minimum; technical and nonprofit recruitment experience
- Strong demonstrated interest in global women’s issues, gender
equity, and human rights.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in
- Experience living, working, or studying abroad, a
- Strong research and analytical skills, with an emphasis on keen
editing skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, swiftly shift priorities, and work
in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines, sometimes under
difficult or challenging circumstances.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications (esp.
Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), social networking tools, and database
software (i.e., Salesforce).
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
This position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington,
DC. If and when it is safe to travel, domestic and international
travel up to 20% may be required for the position.
The starting salary range for this position is $69,062-$84,409
based on experience and ability to have broad impact early. The
compensation package includes comprehensive medical, dental, and
vision insurance, 401k match, and generous PTO including wellness
flex days, generous parental leave, sabbatical time, and volunteer
leave as well as short- and long-term disability, life insurance,
HSA, EAP, and a professional development stipend.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or
genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices
complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation, and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment
based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information,
disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the
ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may
result in discipline up to and including discharge.