Founded in 1988 by Paul Newman, The
Hole in the Wall Gang Camp provides “a different kind of healing”
to more than 20,000 seriously ill children and family members
annually - all completely free of charge. For many of these
children and families, Hole in the Wall provides multiple Camp
experiences throughout the year at the facility in Ashford, Conn.,
in more than 40 hospitals and clinics, directly in camper homes and
communities, and through other outreach activities across the
Northeast and mid-Atlantic.
As part of a dynamic Peer-to-Peer
(P2P) fundraising team, the manager will manage a robust portfolio
of assigned events and key relationships while focusing on meeting
recruitment and revenue targets. The manager will strategically
engage new participants and thoughtfully steward existing
relationships with friends of all ages who are inspired to join or
develop fundraising activities benefitting Camp.
Our Peer to
Peer Manager can expect to…
- Manage key relationships with third-party partners including
but not limited to: Boston Athletic Association, John Hancock/BAA,
New York Road Runners, RealBuzz, Lyman Orchard, and Fairfield Road
- Design a unique and compelling event experience for Camp's
proprietary cycling event.
- Collaborate with P2P staff to design unique and compelling
event experiences demonstrative of The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp's
culture and strong sense of community. Such events include
receptions, pre and post-race celebrations, and training
- Define and implement various strategies in support of event
participants including logistics, collateral development,
leadership acknowledgement and offering fundraising guidance for
- Analyze P2P outcomes and tracks progress on a regular basis to
measure success,growth projections, and future strategies.
- Support additional grassroots fundraising initiatives and
fulfill special needs for events, such as staff/volunteer
presence,speaking opportunities, facility tours and Camp
- Promote P2P events through website publications; implement and
monitor P2P social media strategies in collaboration with the
- Utilize RaisersEdge regularly to document interactions with
partners, participants and donors.
- Collaborate with the Stewardship Manager to thoughtfully
recognize participants and donor support across all assigned
- Support the engagement of Camp's corporate partners through the
facilitation of Helping Hands Work Days at The Hole in the Wall
Gang Camp- Connecticut.
- Assist in monitoring the P2P line and email inbox and provides
excellent customer service to include interaction via phone and
email, proactive contact plan, regular communications, fundraising
advice, and technical/general support.
- Work closely with development colleagues on identifying and
cultivating P2P participants with major gift potential.
- Assist in monitoring the P2P hotline and email inbox and
provides excellent customer service including proactive contact
plans, regular communications, fundraising advice and
Our Peer to Peer Manager
- 3-5 years of professional experience with nonprofit
fundraising, marketing and/or peer-to-peer programs desired.
- Coursework and/or degree in communications, marketing or a
related field is desirable, but there is no minimum education
- Passion for The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp's programs or a
demonstrated commitment to providing services for children with
chronic or life-threatening illnesses.
- A passion for fundraising and participant recruitment.
- Strong attention to detail and highly effective project
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, customer
service skills, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated capacities for effective relationship management
and customer service.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Familiarity
with social media, database software and P2P platforms (preferably
Raiser's Edge, Classy or similar applications).
- The ability to establish positive relationships with a variety
of people in multicultural environments.
- Ability to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends
and occasional overnight travel.
- Valid Driver's license and driving record which meets HITWG
insurance carrier requirements. Ability to travel to assigned
- Ability to work outdoor events in varied weather conditions,
traverse varied terrain and lift/carry materials up to 40
- Full vaccination against COVID-19, plus booster that meets
current medical requirements.
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp
provides a very competitive salary, a generous benefits package,
and growth opportunities for high contributors. To apply,
please use the provided link. Due to the volume of resumes
received, you will be contacted only if there is interest in
pursuing your application. No phone calls please.
The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp is an
Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate on the basis of
age, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability,
nationality or sex, and is committed to a diverse workforce.