The Director, Capital Campaigns is responsible for
managing all aspects of current and future HWZOA capital campaigns.
Working in collaboration with the CDO, CEO, Campaign Co-Chairs and
other volunteer leadership, the Director, Capital Campaigns wi
provides senior leadership on planning, strategy, quiet phase,
campaign launch and full implementation of HWZOA capital
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the internal campaign team of staff within HWZOA, HOI,
Hadassah International, volunteer leadership, consultants, and
other key stakeholders on all elements of HWZOA capital campaigns,
ensuring coordination and timely information-sharing among all
parties, including setting campaign strategy, determining campaign
structure, timeline and phases, gift pyramids, and metrics for
- Work with team to identify and onboard Campaign Committee
members. Identify roles, set and evaluate milestones, and schedule
and manage campaign meetings.
- Leverage existing relationships, open doors to new
relationships, cultivate prospects and solicit 6-8 figure gifts.
- Work with CEO and CDO on their personal campaign pipelines, and
lead prospect identification and qualification, including develop
cultivation and solicitations strategies. Ensure that CEO/CDO
are prepared for all solicitation meetings.
- Responsible for development of campaign toolkits and collateral
for solicitations, that reflect the appropriate organizational
messaging. Oversee management of campaign prospect lists,
research and tracking, including targeted cultivation plans and
strategies for a range of prospects
- Partner with consultants, Israeli and National staff to create
solicitation proposals, correspondence, stewardship reports, and
other donor-related materials.
- Ensure that systems are in place for timely and accurate donor
acknowledgement, stewardship and recognition.
- Partner with staff and committees across the US to
strategically host small and large gatherings to support campaign
cultivation and solicitations.
- In partnership with Finance, provide campaign reports regarding
fundraising goals and initiatives and progress to the CEO, CDO and
other key leadership.
- Oversee capital campaign budget to ensure proper use of funds
and manage costs where applicable. Work closely with the
Finance Department on pledge and payment reporting accuracy and
Required Knowledge, Education, Experience
- Bachelors degree required; Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10+ years of philanthropy management and operations
experience required, with a proven track record of closing six- to
eight-figure gifts from diverse revenue streams.
- Proven track record of success planning and project managing
- Significant experience in nonprofit institutions; medical or
healthcare fundraising experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of best practice fundraising
principles, major donor strategies and moves management
- Proven experience working in complex, fast-paced
- Strong influencing and collaborative skills with the
credibility and persuasiveness to build relationships and secure
support and by-in from diverse constituents.
- Experience working with lay leaders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to train, motivate, mentor and lead teams.
- Strong project management experience.
Proficiency in Salesforce or other fundraising software and
Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
Tuesday and Thursday: Office Days - Require employee to work
Monday, Wednesday and Friday: Work from home days