Program Expansion Officer & Interim Executive Director, Middle School Education
- Compass Academy Network
- Missouri, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Feb 18, 2023
- Position Type
- Executive, Programs, Community Outreach, Administrative, Other Administrative
- Education, Youth
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Compass Academy Network (CAN) seeks an experienced education leader for the Interim Executive Director position. CAN operates two summer sites in Southeast Kansas and Southwest Missouri. This position will begin in February 2023 and could end in June 2023 or grow into a permanent position as CAN continues to expand to new locations. This position will be responsible for overseeing the summer programs at these two sites and all preparatory work to ensure sites are operational for the summer program.
Learn more at www.compassacademynetwork.org
- Overall managerial responsibility for success of summer program at both locations, including: recruiting, onboarding, training, supervising all faculty and staff
- Day to day management and supervision of both locations in collaboration with Program Directors
- Oversee student recruitment and enrollment for the summer 2023 program for both sites, including hosting recruitment events, reviewing applications with Program Directors, and ensuring enrollment paperwork is completed.
- Be an active, visible, and strategic leader willing to engage in regular outreach with all constituencies and the public at large to advocate for the program and its mission.
- Ensure consistency across sites through observation, evaluation, and training.
- Maintain standards and ensure all employees understand and comply with standards and policies.
- Maintain strong and effective alliances in local communities with educators, community leaders, host locations, and donors.
- Meet as needed, including regular weekly meetings, with current Executive Director (until on leave) and CEO.
- Meet as needed, including regular weekly meetings, with Director of Marketing and outside marketing and other consultants to review and assign tasks and assess progress.
- Meet as needed, including regular weekly meetings, with Program Directors to review and assign tasks and assess progress.
- Ensure both sites are fully supplied for summer program, including classroom supplies, technology, lunches, and transportation.
- Ensure program resources, pedagogy, and training support the mission and ideals of Compass.
ABOUT COMPASS ACADEMY NETWORK
CAN’s mission is to provide students in grades 6 through 8 from rural public school districts with enrichment opportunities to support academic success and character development, and to realize their full potential by engaging in a fun and challenging summer and academic year program. Our program has been developed to:
- Provide students with enhanced opportunities to supplement their academic knowledge and skills for success in middle and high school.
- Support strong ethical foundations through character education.
- Build confidence and leadership through team building and personal development activities.
- Inspire joy in learning.
Students form new friendships and make connections with dedicated educators who serve as positive role models and mentors even after the program concludes.
CAN partners with rural school districts to support student growth and learning, especially during the summer months. The program’s objective is to position students to return to school in the fall empowered and motivated to start the year with enthusiasm and strengthened skills.
Compass Academy Network admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, and other school-administered programs.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert