Scope and Responsibilities
An integral member of the Development Team, the Director of
Individual Giving is responsible for the development and
implementation of strategies and initiatives to ensure a strong
base of financial support for Echoing Green. This role has two core
responsibilities: portfolio management, and strategic team
development and management. As a portfolio manager, they will work
closely with members of the Development Team and the Leadership
Team to build, manage and cultivate a portfolio to increase
retention and giving levels (in addition to identifying prospective
high-net worth donors). They will also closely with the Vice
President, Development (VP) to design an effective structure for
the growing Individual Giving team (currently two members), by
defining roles, building portfolios and leading the overall
strategic development of the individual giving program. Over time,
they will come to manage that team structure. The Director of
Individual Giving serves as an ambassador for Echoing Green, a core
contributor in reaching organizational goals and objectives.
We value the ability to serve fellows from a broad range of
cultural heritages, socioeconomic backgrounds, genders, abilities
and orientations. Therefore, we prioritize applicants who
demonstrate they understand the benefits diversity brings to a
professional social entrepreneurship community. The successful
candidate will be an equity-minded individual committed to
collaborating with an internal team and external community partners
who are also committed to closing equity gaps.
The position has hybrid options and will report to the VP,
Development in New York.
• Build, manage and cultivate a portfolio of 65-85 existing and
prospective five and six figure individual donors.
• Design and execute individual donor fundraising campaigns and
• Analyze prospect research with a keen understanding of moves
management to steward donors towards major gifts.
• Develop and implement fundraising policies and procedures,
including donor pipeline strategies.
• Ensure proper donor recognition in all publications and oversee
accurate donor lists for those publications.
• Manage the creation and production of all fundraising/outreach
materials, including (but not limited to) letters, emails, and
• Maintain up to date and accurate records of all individual donors
in the Echoing Green Salesforce database.
Team Building and Development
• Use data to design and guide strategic growth of EG’s
individual giving program: build the departmental organization
chart, portfolios, and define roles and responsibilities to
increase gift size and number of relationships under
• Over time, oversee the implementation of new portfolios at giving
levels ranging from 5&6 figures down to small dollars and
annual fund giving.
• Manage EG’s development events strategy.
• Prepare data driven reports, analysis, and PowerPoint decks to
develop strategy and support implementation of new programs.
Key Selection Criteria
• A minimum of 7 years demonstrated fundraising experience, success
in fundraising management and frontline solicitation.
• A data-oriented person, fluent in Salesforce, Excel, and
• Someone who is flexible and as excited to build a team as they
are to get out and frontline fundraise.
• Strong analytical and prospect research skills.
• Experience successfully identifying high potential donors and
developing effective strategies to cultivate, solicit and upgrade
• A working knowledge of effective moves management
• The ability to develop systems to support effective moves
management, track donor engagement.
• Experience developing fundraising materials such as proposals and
• A high level of discretion and ethical approach to
• Proficiency in Salesforce and to proactively utilize it for donor
management and reporting.
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish effective
working relationships with staff and stakeholders.
• Ability to maintain a high level of awareness of and monitor US
fundraising trends and best practices.
• A working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite/ Google
• Alignment with the mission and vision of Echoing Green.
Personal / Professional Attributes
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills with great
attention to detail.
• Demonstrates a collaborative, flexible, and well-suited work
style to excel in an entrepreneurial, collegial environment at all
levels both internally and externally.
• Systems, data, and detail orientation.
• Willingness and ability to travel domestically and to work/travel
on evenings and weekends.
• Proven ability to meet deadlines with competing timelines.
- New York City law now requires private employers to verify that
all employees (including remote employees) are fully vaccinated
unless an exemption is required based on the statutes of this
- Echoing Green offers a full benefits package including 20 days
of Paid Time Off, medical, dental, vision insurance, life
insurance, and a 403(b)-retirement savings plan with an employer
- As an equal opportunity employer, Echoing Green encourages
applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race,
ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability, or
any other legally protected basis.
- Salary starting at $130,000.