The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
requires all new employees to present proof they are fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 when they start work. Currently, “fully
vaccinated” is defined as someone that has received both doses of
the Pfizer/Moderna COVID-19 vaccines or one dose of the Johnson
& Johnson COVID-19 vaccine 14 days or more before they begin
work. Individuals with a disability or a religious reason
preventing them from taking the vaccine may request an
The purpose of this position is to guide and implement an
integrated communications and marketing strategy for the American
Speech-Language-Hearing Foundation to maximize charitable
fundraising. This position is responsible for multi-channel
messaging (social media, web copy, emails, etc.) that will motivate
and engage stakeholders, broaden the audience of donors, improve
donor retention, and increase ASHFoundation brand awareness
overall. This position will coordinate with the ASHFoundation team
and other teams across the affiliated association national office
to update and create new content to ensure currency, relevance, and
effectiveness with different stakeholder audiences. The content is
based on a newly developed strategy toolkit inclusive of written
and visual identity guidelines. The position is involved in market
behavior analysis, analyzing market segments, reporting on
fundraising marketplace trends, and providing ongoing analysis of
the competitive landscape to support planning and decision-making.
The position has ultimate responsibility for managing
communications strategy milestones and measuring impact.
- Plan, develop, and execute multi-channel initiatives that
communicate the American Speech-Language-Hearing Foundation brand
to different ASHFoundation stakeholder audiences. Collaborate
closely with the Executive Director and Director of Development to
align strategy for all messaging activities to achieve consistency
and effectiveness in articulating the organization’s mission.
- Conceptualize, develop, and write creative, effective marketing
pieces (print and digital) that communicate the value, quality, and
benefits of the ASHFoundation in order to maximize engagement and
support for the organization. Includes, but not limited to,
targeted marketing and content.
- Execute operational planning to develop project timelines;
track budgets, schedules and deliverables; coordinate relevant
documentation, correspondence, evaluations, and reports. Manage
relationships with external vendors.
- Assist the ASHFoundation team in feasibility, development and
fielding of market research to achieve goals. Stay abreast of
marketplace trends and communications tracking data to help inform
decision-making relative to fundraising initiatives and content
- Strategize, consult, and build capacity for the ASHFoundation
to leverage social media tools and techniques for fundraising
- Represent the ASHFoundation with internal staff units and on
national office teams to communicate and implement initiatives
pertinent to communications functions.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Communications,
Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, Fundraising, or Nonprofit
- 7+ years’ experience in fundraising and marketing, and/or
charitable foundation operations, working in a professional
- Experience in developing and executing multiple, integrated,
cross-channel campaigns inclusive of brand marketing objectives,
with application to print, e-mail, social media, and mobile
- Experience that demonstrates strategic, creative, and analytic
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Demonstrated strategic organizational skills, including project
management knowledge and abilities, creative media/design
production knowledge, and marketing budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and administer comprehensive
- Demonstrated ability to interpret market research studies, such
as propensity and segmentation.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
independently compose correspondence and technical documents.
Requires excellent copywriting, proofing, and editing of marketing
communications and manuscripts, including feedback to graphic
designers on layout and design.
- Demonstrated proficiency using technology to organize and
execute projects. Familiarity with using Microsoft Office software
suite (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint,
netFORUM, electronic bulletin boards). Familiarity with
Constituency Relationship databases, Google Analytics, Excel Pivot
tables to inform decision-making.
- Association/Foundation experience desired.
- Familiarity with the discipline of communication sciences and
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple and varied projects
- Ability to manage time effectively to complete multiple
projects with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently and
as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to assist
- Willingness to learn and apply information within the
discipline of communication sciences and disorders.