The Resource Development and Growth Associate is responsible for
coordinating operational components across all fundraising and
marketing teams. The Resource Development and Growth Associate will
work closely with headquarters and remote colleagues to coordinate
our work, ensure deadlines are being met, and keep internal and
external stakeholders informed. The Resource Development and Growth
Associate supports the building of a culture of cross-team
The Associate performs complex administrative and technical
tasks that support the work of all fundraising and marketing
teams. Associates are expected to organize and manage the
flow of information and data that make our fundraising and team
operations successful. Often, this includes creation of
documentation and templates, honing existing processes and
developing efficiencies in reporting.
This position is preferably based in Washington, DC, but
could be fully remote for the right candidate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as a key resource in day-to-day management of
fundraising and marketing team operations.
- Develop organizational communications concerning fundraising
and marketing initiatives including working across departments to
assess their information needs and developing solutions to meet
- Manage internal and external data tracking, reporting, and
- Develop and produce materials to keep stakeholders up to date,
including briefings, presentations, progress updates, and meeting
- Develop, identify and implement creative strategies to execute
team priorities and build team efficiency and communication.
- Provide administrative oversight as required. This may include
scheduling, arranging travel, coordinating the execution of
contracts, and payment of invoices.
- Represent the Resource Development and Growth team in
interdepartmental meetings, internal projects, and
- Partner with colleagues to support Share Our Strength's work to
be a diverse and inclusive organization, and ensure those values
are embedded in the organization and throughout our work.
Has regular interaction with leadership, key contacts in other
departments, external vendors and consultants.
This position has no supervisory
Normal (home) office work environment with less
than 20% travel. No heavy lifting required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred, but not
- 3+ years’ experience in fundraising or project management.
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills,
including the ability to identify and work through challenges,
underscored by strong judgment and emotional
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on multi-step,
- Professional history of managing multifaceted projects and a
capacity to perform well in a fluid, dynamic, multi-tasking
environment are essential.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including
experience presenting to high-level audiences.
- Experience with Zoom and MS Office suite.
- Interest in anti-hunger and anti-poverty issues.
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
Share Our Strength is committed to providing a safe and healthy
workplace for our staff. In order to maintain this safety, we have
implemented a mandatory vaccination policy for all staff. This
position is subject to the policy (on the website). If selected for
the role you will be required to present proof of full vaccination
prior to your start date.
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PLAN:
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan which currently includes,
but is not limited to, health insurance, dental insurance, vision
insurance, retirement, wellness benefits, and paid time off
(vacation leave, sick leave, personal leave, holiday, parental
leave, bereavement leave, military leave, and jury duty leave).
At Share Our Strength, we value an individual’s diversity of
backgrounds, experiences, ideas and perspectives. A hallmark of our
history, culture and values has been the organization’s desire to
bring together motivated, intelligent, and talented people to work
together to find and implement solutions to end hunger and poverty
in the U.S. and abroad. We each come to Share Our Strength with a
unique background, but together we form a team that yields amazing
results. This shared value of encouraging and embracing diversity
in our organization fosters a workplace and culture that is
highlighted for its innovation, open expression of ideas, and
collaboration. With a strong shared commitment to the
organization’s mission, and a unique blend of individual strengths,
we are all working toward ensuring that every individual can live a
healthy and productive life.