Make a living and a difference at The
Fellowship! Our amazing team selected us as a 2021 Best
Nonprofit to Work For*. We have a great opportunity for you to join
us as we continue our remarkable mission of bridgebuilding between
Christians and Jews in order to be a ray of hope to the most
vulnerable Jews around the world.
Are you ready to make an impact? Are you an expert in bank
reconciliations? The Fellowship is seeking a Staff Account, with
experience in bank reconciliation, to join our accounting and
finance team. The essential function of this position is to ensure
revenue and expenses are properly documented on a daily and monthly
Essential Job Responsibilities Include:
- Daily reconciliation of The Fellowships five corporate bank
accounts, with the operating account being the most complex.
- Works with Revenue, Payroll and General Ledger areas to ensure
that any variances to the general ledger are resolved in the month
- Substantiates financial transactions and reports by researching
and auditing documents. Distributes information and backup
documents to internal stakeholders and auditors as directed.
- Assist with the transition of accounting processes and
integration with Keshernet and Sage Intacct accounting system.
- Ad-hoc analysis of transactions for management as
The ideal candidate will possess the following
experience and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, CPA a plus, but not
- 2-4 years of relevant “hands-on” experience as an accountant
with increasing responsibility.
- In depth understanding of GAAP and accounting procedures,
familiarity with financial statements, knowledge and understanding
of taxation and auditing processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Advanced Excel Knowledge
- Must be comfortable accurately working with bank activity and
- Experience with complex bank reconciliations in a corporate
environment. Must have a strong understanding of debits, credits,
and bank book differences.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting software such as (Sage
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the
ability to effectively and tactfully communicate to a diverse
- Excellent attention to detail; strong analytical and
problem-solving skills with the ability to simultaneously manage
multiple tasks or projects with competing deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain a comprehensive and accurate
record-keeping system and office procedures.
- Public Accounting and/or audit experience, highly desired
- Non-Profit experience is a plus.
Come and experience all that The Fellowship
offers, including the ability for you to make an impact in a global
nonprofit with collaborative team members, professional growth
opportunities and mission focused work. We have great benefits,
newly designed offices and are located on Wacker Drive, across from
the Chicago Riverwalk. Please submit your resume and salary
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)