The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching seeks a
Digital Strategist to contribute strategic guidance and expertise
to the Foundation’s digital communications approach. Reporting to
the Managing Director of Communications and Public Engagement, this
position will focus on supporting the Carnegie brand and strategic
priorities by designing, improving, and maintaining digital content
with an emphasis on social media. This position will also
collaborate with internal communications staff and external
clients, partners, and prospects to ensure that all digital social
content strategically reflects organizational priorities and
specific program objectives.
- Develop targeted digital strategies for effective public
engagement and marketing campaigns. (30%)
- Use paid promotion to boost posts and target preferred
- Track all social posts and paid promotion campaigns in a
timely, organized, and effective manner. (10%)
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices and
- Perform market/competitor research as needed and stay aware of
industry trends. (5%)
- Lead the website information architecture, content strategy and
user experience, content publication and reporting. (20%)
- Implement email marketing campaigns. (10%)
- Assist with other marketing tasks as needed, to include brand
strategy, event participation, and contribution to research
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Digital Media, Marketing,
Public Relations, or Communications.
- 5 years of professional work experience in social media
strategy, and digital platform communications.
- 5 years of experience with assessment and reporting of digital
campaigns and website metrics.
- 5 years of experience in social media advertising (paid and
organic) on social platforms.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A strong writer with a demonstrated understanding of how to
build campaigns incorporating email, social media, digital ads, and
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with UX and UI
- Experience with Google Analytics, search engine optimization
(SEO), and web/social media integration.
- Able to exercise discretion and independent judgment with
respect to matters of significance
- Able to set and follow schedules and meet deadlines.
- A strong verbal communicator and presenter.
- Able to work thoughtfully and flexibly as part of a team and
with external partners.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and collaborative.
- Able to manage multiple and complex tasks simultaneously under
Required Technical Skills
- Thorough technical skills in computer applications for digital
production, image handling, publishing and design, illustration,
presentation preparation, animation, web interaction, and/or other
state-of-the-art digital communication capabilities.
- Proficient in Canva and Adobe Creative Suite or equivalent
software packages, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, and
Benefits & Perks
- Full medical, dental, vision, life, accidental death,
disability, and long-term care insurance, as well as employer
subsidized flexible spending plans
- A retirement savings plan, including employer contributions
after one year of service
- Generous time-off benefits including paid holidays and paid
- Matching Gift program to benefit charitable organizations
- Educational Assistance to further your professional
- The facility is located in Stanford, California in a quiet
pastoral setting near a hiking trail.
- Amenities include a communal kitchen (coffee, tea, and drinks
provided), outdoor eating areas, free parking, and electric car