- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- California, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Feb 24, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Donor Relations, Membership, Programs, Community Outreach, Grant Administration, Other Programs, Administrative, Information Systems, Other Administrative, Public Relations and Communications
- Academic Centers, Advocacy, Environment, Museum, Other Fields, Philanthropic Advisors
- Employment Type
- Full Time
At the Monterey Bay Aquarium, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that celebrates and values diversity. We firmly believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices, working together, increases our capacity to serve our visitors and fulfill our mission. We welcome people from all walks of life into our team and strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.
Under limited supervision, support Membership and Development in all fundraising database operations. Provide primary support for staff to input and export data. Maintain procedures for processes and audit data entry for accuracy. Build and pull complex lists, extractions, and reports to support Membership and Fundraising programs and provide data for financial reports. Perform other duties as required.
- Serve as day-to-day resource for staff on database questions and staff data entry.
- Build complex lists and extractions in database for a variety of divisional projects and reports, including mailing lists, prospect research, constituent listings, fundraising appeals and year-end data/report.
- Pull data and provide monthly reports to Finance department.
- Audit data entry for accuracy and work with staff for clean-up projects, as needed, including merging duplicate constituent records.
- Maintain complex system tables in Tessitura for Development division. Bring forward any issues or needs to Membership Manager and IT.
- Open Tier 2 help tickets with external vendor (Tessitura); provide information and assist with troubleshooting to provide resolution.
- Coordinate implementation of system upgrades, new features, and workflow changes.
- Develop and maintain procedures for the Membership team’s data entry in Tessitura and provide trainings as needed.
- Serve as liaison with IT and Accounting departments for transactional/payment processing issues in Worldpay and Tessitura. Work with Membership Manager, Digital Fundraising Specialist and the Web Team to resolve errors and issues with online forms and functionality.
- Perform transaction adjustments (refunds and corrections) daily.
- Perform data entry as needed; coordinate and process gifts and memberships made through employee payroll deductions.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSAs):
- At least two years of database administration or support experience, including proficiency in building and running complex lists, exports and reports
- Experience working with Tessitura and/or Raiser’s Edge
- Understands and is proficient in all divisional data entry to maintain data integrity
- Acute attention to detail and organization in producing deliverables
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals with diverse job responsibilities
- Ability to work independently once direction is given
- Must be comfortable in fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Embraces teamwork and thrives in team environment. Ability to stay engaged and responsive when working in both onsite and remote settings.
- Excellent customer service and written/oral communications skills
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work within and maintain Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Core Values
Hourly Compensation Range:
$26.83-$30.77 USD per hour. Starting rate will vary based on previous experience and relevant skills/knowledge set.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert