Gift Planning Manager
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- California, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Feb 24, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Grant Seeking, Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Other Fundraising, Programs, Grant Administration, Other Programs, Program Administration and Management, Administrative, Other Administrative, Public Relations and Communications
- Advocacy, Environment, Museum, Other Fields, Philanthropic Advisors
- Employment Type
- Full Time
At the Monterey Bay Aquarium, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that celebrates and values diversity. We firmly believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices, working together, increases our capacity to serve our visitors and fulfill our mission. We welcome people from all walks of life into our team and strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.
Under limited supervision, manage and grow our gift planning program consistent with best practices, Aquarium guidelines and regulatory requirements. Plan and implement donor relations and marketing strategies, together with stewardship of the Betty White Ocean Legacy Circle and Endowment Society donors and prospects. Perform other duties as required.
- Develop annual strategies for cultivation, solicitations, and stewardship of Betty White Ocean Legacy Circle donors, in collaboration with GP team.
- Create annual calendar for communication and marketing with GP team and then ensure the timely execution of all activities of calendar throughout the year, ensuring ongoing coordination with schedules of membership and annual fund.
- Engage in personal communication with prospects and donors to grow BWOLC, especially rolling 200 targets in personal portfolio.
- Design and produce seminars, receptions, meetings and events specific to GP division, in collaboration with events and development teams.
- Partner with Donor Relations Officers when appropriate to jointly call on donors for annual and special gifts and PG commitments.
- Recommend creative ideas and produce collateral for Gift Planning, in collaboration with the Marketing department.
- With outside vendors, oversee additions and revisions to PG’s exclusive web pages.
- Develop special appeals for endowment, in collaboration with VP Gift Planning and others.
- Execute monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports for BWOLC, endowment giving and bequest activity, in collaboration with Gift Planning Coordinator.
- Read, analyze and take requisite action on planned gift tax forms, probate proceedings, estate documents and gift processing for bequests and endowments, in collaboration with Finance team and GP Coordinator.
- Liaison to specialized software, maintaining contract as well as preparing sample gift illustrations for donors.
- Maintain technical expertise in planned gifts and estate planning, including maintenance of Aquarium’s Gift Acceptance Policy and Procedures consistent with best practices and regulatory requirements.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSAs):
- Four-year degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Five years experience in a fundraising role with legacy giving experience
- Experience in creating donor communications, including marketing materials, letters and reports
- Ability to examine financial and legal documents
- High level of initiative, excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Excellent customer service and written/oral communication skills
- Experience working with software such as Tessitura or Raiser’s Edge and PG Calc
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel
- Ability to work within, and maintain Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Core Values
Annual Compensation Range:
$73,600-$91,000 USD annually. Starting rate will vary based on previous experience and relevant skills/knowledge set.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert