Prospect Research Associate
- The League of Conservation Voters
- District of Columbia, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Feb 25, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Major Gifts, Other Fundraising, Programs, Other Programs, Program Administration and Management, Administrative, Other Administrative
- Advocacy, Environment, Other Fields
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Title: Prospect Research Associate
Reports to: Director of Prospect Research and Portfolio Management
Positions Reporting to this Position: None
Location: Flexible (the employee may decide whether to work remotely or from an LCV office)
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Union Position: Yes
Job Classification Level: A
Salary Range (depending on experience): $50,420 – $59,002
LCV believes our earth is worth fighting for because everyone has a right to clean air, water, and a safe, healthy community. To ensure those rights are protected, we help people use their power to shape policy, hold politicians and polluters accountable, and influence elections.
For more than 50 years, LCV has grown into a potent political force for protecting our planet and everyone who inhabits it. We have built a powerful national movement with 30 state affiliates, and grassroots and community organizing programs across the country.
LCV is hiring a Prospect Research Associate to enhance our individual and institutional major gifts fundraising program. The Prospect Research Associate is primarily responsible for vetting and wealth screening event attendees, setting up and regulating news alerts for the fundraising team, ensuring accuracy of Salesforce donor records, and supporting the research team’s Racial Justice and Equity goals. This position is a great opportunity for a self-motivated, curious, analytical individual who wants to learn more about nonprofits and build a career in fundraising with a prominent environmental and political issue advocacy organization.
- Conduct thorough research of public records, databases, media, internet, and proprietary resources to identify information regarding existing and prospective donors.
- Produce coherent research documents (written reports) summarizing research conclusions for LCV’s President, Executive staff, Events team, and the Major Gifts team prior to donor contact such as meetings and events.
- Develop a broad awareness of LCV and LCVEF’s programs to support the identification of individuals and institutions whose philanthropic interests align with our work.
- Work with the prospect research team to increase the racial diversity of each Major Gift Officer’s portfolio and continue to identify new prospective donors of color.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date familiarity with top existing and prospective donors; proactively share new information when identified.
- Take ownership of data accuracy and integrity in the donor databases (Salesforce and ResearchPoint).
- Support the maintenance of portfolios and outreach lists used by LCV’s president and the Major Gifts Team. Support preparation for portfolio review meetings as needed.
- Contribute to organizational and department efforts to infuse racial justice and equity into all aspects of our work, including our fundraising.
- Implement a strategy and process for a regular and consistent refresh of contact information for prospects and donors in Salesforce.
- Ensure complete, accurate, and timely updates of information are maintained in Salesforce as it relates to contacts, research notes, and prospect management data.
- Assist with research and projects for the Institutional Giving team.
- Set up, manage, and distribute news alerts for the Principal and Major Giving Teams.
- Maintain and update the Prospect Research and Portfolio Management manual.
- Organize and maintain the prospect research files in Sharepoint and on Google Drive.
- Act as the team liaison for Xappex and Salesforce imports.
- Travel up to 10% of the time for staff retreats, meetings, conferences and professional development opportunities, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work Experience:
- Required – Must have at least 1 year of work or internship experience in administrative support; experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word, experience with online research and understanding of reliable sources. Experience using a CRM (like Salesforce or Raiser’s Edge).
- Preferred – Experience using Salesforce. Experience using Wrike, Asana, or a similar project management software. Experience with one or a combination of the following: LexisNexis, ResearchPoint, Spokeo, iWave, or other prospecting or research software. Experience at a political, racial justice, social justice, or environmental organization. Experience looking up contact information, writing biographies, or confirming identities. Experience with the Google Suite.
- Required – Curiosity. Highly attentive to details and able to take ownership of routine tasks. An ability to successfully manage multiple deadlines. Strong synthesis and writing skills. Should be able to be flexible enough to shift priorities based on urgent needs, have the confidence to ask for help when needed, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Capable of handling confidential information with the utmost discretion.
- Preferred – Advanced Excel skills, including understanding of dependent formulas, pivot tables, and other complex spreadsheet functions.
- Cultural Competence:
- Required: Demonstrated awareness of one’s own cultural identity, views about difference, and the ability to learn and build on varying cultural and community norms. Commitment to equity and inclusion as organizational practice and culture. Understands how environmental issues intersect with racism, economic and social inequality in the U.S. and has a passion for working to dismantle these systems.
- Preferred – A proven interest in politics and meaningful social change. Committed to environmental protection, racial justice, and LCV’s mission.
- Working Conditions: This job operates in a professional office environment, and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and audiovisual systems. This position is largely sedentary, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods. Applicants need to be located in and legally authorized to work in the United States. LCV requires all employees working from our offices or participating in in-person meetings or events to be fully up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
LCV offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes vacation, sick and parental leave, personal days, paid holidays, health insurance (two plan options for staff to choose from), dental and vision insurance, life and disability insurance (short- and long-term), Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) retirement plan with company matching contribution, commuter benefits program, sabbatical, and student loan assistance.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Prospect Research Associate” in the subject line by February 8, 2023. No phone calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a racially just, equitable and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information, or any other protected status. LCV is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact email@example.com.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert