Annual Giving Officer
- Lycoming College
- Pennsylvania, United States
- Competitive Salary
- Closing date
- Feb 28, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Annual Fund, Planned Giving
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Join the Annual Giving Team! Lycoming College welcomes applications for an Annual Giving Officer. As a key partner within the College Advancement Division, the Annual Giving Officer solicits annual support for Lycoming College and identifies and creates a pipeline of loyal donors.
Who We Are:
Founded in 1812, Lycoming College is one of the nation’s oldest and most respected liberal arts colleges. Today, our community of 1,200 active learners from 31 states and territories and 15 countries comprises a student body that is 35 percent domestic students of color or international, all of whom work with our renowned scholars to craft customized combinations of market-driven majors, minors and concentrations across our 40+ academic programs. Students compete in 19 NCAA Division III sports, participate in faculty-driven research, thrive in a robust program of internship experiences, and study abroad in more than two dozen countries. Lycoming College has one of the highest endowment-per-student ratios in the country. The institution is a member of the Annapolis Group of Liberal Arts Colleges and is recognized by The Princeton Review as one of The 388 Best Colleges. Lycoming College is dedicated to providing a high-quality liberal arts and sciences education for all students. Learn more at http://www.lycoming.edu.
What will I do in this role?
- The Annual Giving Officer is responsible for graduates of the last decade (GOLD) giving and develops strategies and programs to increase engagement and donor participating across these key constituencies.
- Manages a portfolio of prospects comprised of alumni, parents, and friends, capable of making annual gifts to the College.
- Oversees the Lycoming Fund and raises annual gifts in support of the College’s educational mission.
- Identifies prospects for major and planned gifts.
- This position requires frequent evening and weekend work and the ability and willingness to travel.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Success as a professional fundraiser or related profession required; 3-5 years of experience preferred.
- Successful candidates are goal-oriented, self-motivated and have exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, strong listening skills and an ability to discern donor interests and concerns.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, time management, multi-tasking, and problem solving skills required.
- Ability to forge strong working relationships with others and a capacity for engaging confidence and trust among prospects and donors
- Knowledge and understanding of annual giving programs in higher education is preferred.
What We Offer!
Lycoming College has an excellent benefits package that includes:
Health & Wellness Benefits:
- Health insurance – Lycoming College covers 95% of health insurance premiums for employees and 65% of premiums for eligible family members with a wide variety of health plan options available
- Dental insurance, including orthodontia coverage
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Life & accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Cancer insurance
- Personal accident insurance
- Wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- 403(b) retirement plan with up to 9% contributions from the College
- Free tuition for employees, spouses, and eligible dependents at Lycoming College
- Free tuition for eligible dependents at over 600 colleges nationwide through Tuition Exchange, Inc.
- Free tuition for employees, spouses, and eligible dependents at the Pennsylvania College of Technology
Paid Leave Benefits:
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Paid Parental Leave
- 14 holidays per year
- Summer hours
- 10% discount at the campus bookstore, excluding textbooks and snacks
- Reduced rates for meal packages for on-campus dining facilities
- Use of the campus recreations center and gym facilities for employees and household family members
- Use of the campus Library
How do I Join the Warrior Team?
Apply directly online by submitting your resume and cover letter along with the names and contact information for three professional references. Application review will begin immediately and will cease once the position has been filled. A pre-employment criminal background check and motor vehicle record check will occur.
Lycoming College Proudly Celebrates and Values Diversity!
We are committed to fostering an inclusive campus community supporting all faculty, staff, and students. We encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and all who are interested in supporting and contributing to our mission. Lycoming College is an equal opportunity employer.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert