Development Manager, Media Arts and Education
- BAVC Media
- California, United States
- $55,000.00 - $65,000.00
- Closing date
- Feb 28, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Capital Campaigns, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Grant Seeking, Prospect Research
- Arts, Education, Public Broadcasting, Technology, Youth
- Employment Type
- Full Time
BAVC Media is seeking a Development Manager to steward and grow the organization’s community of institutional and individual supporters, with a particular focus on foundations and corporations. The Development Manager will work closely with the Development Team to reach foundation and corporate funding goals and provide support across other development areas, including individual giving, government funding, capital campaign funding, events, and board engagement. The Development Manager will primarily be responsible for institutional funder research, managing and writing grant applications and reports, and managing BAVC Media’s grant and donor tracking systems. This role will be central to the growth of BAVC Media’s Development Department and the organization as a whole. The position provides an opportunity to gain significant fundraising experience while supporting BAVC Media’s work to provide radical access to media-making pathways and opportunities. The Development Manager position reports to the Development Director.
ABOUT BAVC MEDIA
BAVC Media has been a trusted community educator, collaborator, incubator, community builder, and resource for the media arts world since 1976. BAVC Media serves as a community hub and resource for media makers in the Bay Area and across the country, reaching thousands of freelancers, filmmakers, jobseekers, activists, and artists every year. We provide access to media-making technology, hands-on training, workshops, mentorship, preservation services, broadcast opportunities, artist development support, and more. Across BAVC Media’s programs, we advocate for those whose stories aren’t being told and provides the resources for anyone to create, share, and amplify their stories and those of their communities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Institutional Funding Management
- Develop a strategy in collaboration with the Development Director and Senior Development Manager to grow BAVC Media’s base of institutional supporters across programs.
- Conduct thorough research on prospective institutional donors and determine their alignment with BAVC Media as a larger organization as well as specific BAVC Media programs.
- Project manage and write grant proposals and reports for institutional funders.
- Coordinate information gathering across program staff members as needed for proposals at the development and writing stages.
- Compile research and preparation in advance of institutional funder meetings and participate in funder meetings and stewardship as needed.
- Work with the Development Team and Executive Director to create project budgets for grant proposals and reports.
- Work with Marketing staff to develop materials for institutional funders, such as pitch decks, one-pagers, and impact reports.
Grants and Donor Management
- Manage BAVC Media’s grants calendar, ensuring the timely submission of all letters of inquiry, proposals, and reports.
- Manage BAVC Media’s donor database, tracking income, grant requirements, correspondence, and gift acknowledgments, among other items.
- Utilize that database to evaluate the results, successes, and areas for growth of development efforts.
- Work with team members to create and implement consistent funder engagement strategies, acknowledgment, and communications.
Development Team Support
- Support Development team members on proposals and pitches to institutional funders outside the Manager’s primarily portfolio, as well as the cultivation and stewardship of those funders.
- Support the Development Director and Executive Director in the identification and cultivation of individual donor prospects and stewardship of the BAVC Media Board of Directors, with a focus on building their fundraising engagement and capacity.
- Support the Development Director and Executive Director in the pursuit of capital campaign funds.
- Collaborate with the Development Team and program staff members to plan and carry out successful events. Engage and supervise event volunteers as needed.
- Gain and contribute in-depth knowledge of BAVC Media programs
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least three years of relevant professional experience in non-profit fundraising
- A strong understanding of and interest in the institutional funding landscape
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues across departments
- Proven experience securing grants and expanding an organization or organizations’ base of supporters
- Preference for experience with CRM donor databases (such as Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce)
- Experience managing a substantial volume of strategic funder partnerships while fostering new relationships
- Strong experience in project management
Compensation and Schedule
- $55k-$65k annually depending on experience
- Benefits include paid vacation, sick time, and holidays as well as employer-paid medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Free registration in BAVC Media classes and workshops whenever schedule and availability permits
- Full-time, exempt
- Remote applicants will be accepted; however, Bay Area local applicants are preferred. Occasional travel to the Bay Area will be required if remote.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to https://form.jotform.com/230184377099060
Special ADA Requirements
BAVC Media is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regards to applicants or employees with disabilities and will make reasonable accommodations when necessary.
- For the purposes of ADA, the “Responsibilities” and “Qualifications” are essential job functions.
- Significant work is performed in a typical interior office work environment or community meeting space with typical noise and other disruption.
- Both standing and sitting are required for long periods of time. High use of computers and related equipment is required.
- Various types of equipment/supplies are used to accomplish the job requirements and include, but are not limited to, computers, printers and copy machines, office supplies and materials, telephones, and other common communication devices.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination or exemption is required
BAVC Media will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert