Director Of Development, Marketing and Communications
- California, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Feb 28, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Capital Campaigns, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Other Fundraising, Special Events, Programs, Other Programs, Administrative, Public Relations and Communications
- Other Fields
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, this position has responsibility for creating, implementing, and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing and communications program that will enhance and support the Office of Development and increase community awareness for Huntington Medical Research Institutes (HMRI).
Planning and Strategy
- Enhance HMRI’s image and position within the community, with the general public, and facilitate internal and external communications.
- Ensure articulation of HMRI’s desired image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position throughout the organization, and assure communication of image and position to all constituencies, both internal and external.
- Create and manage an annual marketing and communications strategy to maximize cohesive messaging between various platforms, including a communications calendar for digital platforms.
- Create, edit, and produce emails, publications, videos, collateral, social media content, and other relevant digital and print materials.
- Digital Media Specialist: update and maintain organization’s website, online publications, and social media.
- Create and maintain brand guidelines and compliance across HMRI.
- Establish, monitor, and assess Communication/Marketing KPIs across all platforms, adjusting strategy accordingly.
- Communicate and collaborate with a range of people and organizations to advance the mission of HMRI.
Prepare copy including narratives and stories for fundraising and marketing related needs including, but not limited to the following:
- Annual reports and newsletters (partner with consultants for graphic design and storytelling)
- Email copy (2-3 times per month)
- Fundraising appeals (12-15 times per year/partner with consultant-writer)
- Media outlets (2-3 times per month/partner with PR firm)
- Electronic donor cards and thank you letters (ongoing)
- Marketing collateral (e.g., brochures, case statements, etc.)
Segmentation & Printer/Mailing House Coordination
- Develop segmentation for relevant outreach (e.g., fundraising appeals) to create a personalized touch to mass communications, monitor results for effectiveness.
- Serve as primary liaison with print/mailing house for large, segmented projects.
Other duties may be assigned as appropriate.
Key Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or business highly preferred.
- Master’s degree in marketing highly preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant non-profit development or marketing experience; or any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the work successfully.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational and project management skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent and prompt written and verbal communications skills.
- Effective in managing timelines and project budgets.
- Capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously and successfully.
- Motivated self-starter with growth and learning mindset.
- Digital fluency in GSuite (Docs, Drive, etc.), MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, readily and strategically working with the infusion of technology to improve outcomes for HMRI.
- Familiarity with Adobe Indesign software, Constant Contact, and social media platforms required.
HMRI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, reproductive health discrimination, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Pay Transparency Act Full Salary Range: $110,000 - $125,000 annually.
HMRI is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to experience, skills, knowledge, abilities, education, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. It is not typical for an individual to be offered a salary at or near the top of the range for a position. Salary offers are determined based on final candidate qualifications and experience. The full salary range for this position is defined as the Full Pay Range. The budgeted salary or hourly range at HMRI reasonably expects to pay for this position defined as the Expected Pay Scale. Placement within the Expected Pay Scale is determined by internal equity, and relevant qualifications.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert