Associate Director, Donor Relations
- Institute for Advanced Study
- New Jersey, United States
- Competitive Salary
- Closing date
- Mar 1, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Donor Relations
- Education, Research
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Associate Director of Donor Relations is responsible for overseeing the recognition of donors, ensuring that donors are aware of the impact of their private support, aiding in fostering long-term relationships between donors and the Institute, and assisting in nurturing a culture of philanthropy within the Institute’s various constituencies.
Position Duties and Responsibilities (90%)
- Develop and coordinate stewardship communications and related activities to ensure all donors are aware of the impact of their philanthropic support in a timely and relevant way.
- Create materials and communications relevant to key donor segments.
- Produce reports to track and manage progress.
- Produce bespoke stewardship reports for a curated portfolio of principal current-use and endowed funds, including acquiring information on how the funds have been spent, working with fund beneficiaries and recipients to create compelling stories of impact, compiling information into narrative donor reports, and writing and editing appropriate correspondence to accompany reports.
- In collaboration with the Chief Development Officer, and coordination with the Events team, create high-level donor recognition events.
- Partner with fundraisers to produce stewardship materials to advance cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Generate regular reports and presentations about stewardship plans, timelines, and activities for internal and external constituents.
- Ensure the timely production of impact reports and acknowledgement letters.
- Lead the project management of an annual report of giving.
- Develop messaging strategy, identify potential stories for inclusion, and provide feedback on report drafts.
- Help with planning and organizing donor recognition opportunities to ensure quality and appropriate donor engagement and acknowledgment.
- Develop strategic framework for utilizing the IAS website to steward donors; oversee creation of content and ongoing management to ensure that website is best leveraged to advance donor relations and Development goals.
Other duties as assigned (10%)
Skills and Abilities
- Meticulous attention to detail, and excellent written and verbal communications skills required.
- Deep understanding of, and demonstrated ability with, multichannel donor recognition, including digital and print reporting, web site development and content management, gift acknowledgements, recognition societies, events, and bespoke actions designed to recognize and celebrate giving by the most generous donors to the Institute.
- The successful candidate will be a collaborative, innovative, strategic, creative and intellectually curious/broad thinker who will create and execute new communication and stewardship strategies that build on the Institute's strong tradition of philanthropic giving.
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of five years related experience required.
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing strategic donor relations materials, events, and plans.
- Commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Strong computer software skills including MS Office, Excel, Power Point, Canva, databases and networked information systems.
- Excellent analytic skills to ensure data-driven results.
Please note that proof of COVID-19 vaccination and booster is required to work at the Institute.
Individuals are eligible to request an accommodation based on a medical exemption or profession of sincerely-held religious beliefs.
The Institute for Advanced Study is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants. We believe in the inherent value of diversity and equal opportunity, recognizing that a truly diverse workforce will bring a wider array of perspectives, as well as more innovative and effective solutions, to the organization. As a community dedicated to intellectual inquiry, we are resolutely committed to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes subsidized health and dental insurance, an excellent retirement plan, and a generous paid time off program.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert