Manager, Major Gifts
- Indiana, United States
- $70,000.00 - $90,000.00
- Closing date
- Mar 2, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Grant Seeking, Major Gifts, Other Fundraising, Programs, Grant Administration, Grant Making, Administrative, Public Relations and Communications
- Community Development, Community Foundations, Philanthropic Advisors
- Employment Type
- Full Time
As Manager of the major gifts program, you have the enviable opportunity to help our individual donors and corporations accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with our organization
Identify & Cultivate Donors/Prospects
- Identify, develop and cultivate a significant prospects pipeline as part of the organization’s evolving fundraising strategy. Pipeline will include major individual donors as well as large corporate sponsors.
- Develop individual donor and corporate investment strategies
- Conduct personal visits with major donors and prospects, scheduling a minimum 6 significant (local) visits monthly for the purpose of field research, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. Coordinate 1-2 peer-fundraising events per quarter in Indianapolis and communities around the state.
- Prepare written proposals, gift agreements, funder pitches, and other materials needed to define, secure and document major gifts and corporate investments
- Make direct, face-to-face solicitations reflective of the individual’s giving capacity
- Assist the board, President, and other staff with their solicitation (e.g. provide portfolio development support, strategic counsel, and help with donor communications)
- Oversee the development of two annual “mass” fundraising campaigns
- Acknowledge major donors through public and private recognition
- Personally thank major gift givers through an email or phone call
- Communicate additional opportunities for support
- Show major donors the nitty-gritty, day-to-day details of the work and projects impacted by their contribution
Report and Database Management
- Effectively utilize Salesforce to maintain records of contacts with donors and prospects; analyze potential donor research materials to target appropriate givers
- Track, evaluate and present relevant giving information to donors, corporate investors and Nextech leadership
RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
This job might be for you if you...
- Live and breathe Nextech’s mission and grasp at a deep level the impact of our work
- Can tell the kinds of stories that captivate donors’ imaginations and inspire them to give
- You’re a true people person with an outgoing nature.
- You’re a self-starter and are driven by results.
- Build relationships through consistent - not persistent - communication that nurtures a relationship naturally without overwhelming prospects
- Are motivated by an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, highly-collaborative team environment, with a desire to contribute to a growing organization.
- Are not afraid to present donors with giving opportunities that fit their motivations and objectives...when the time is right!
This job might not be for you if you are expecting any of the following to be in place when you begin:
- A staff of fundraising and development professionals....but, there is opportunity for leadership growth and the creation of a staff as activity dictates
- Well-curated donor pipeline...but, Nextech does have deep relationships throughout the tech community
- A built out donor management software system...but, we do utilize Salesforce and have excellent third party consultants
- A board comfortable in making donor solicitations...but, they understand the importance of major gifts and are willing to assist
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- 4-year degrees preferred in philanthropic studies OR 4-year degree in business, communications or marketing with an Undergraduate Certificate in Philanthropic Fundraising or Certified Fundraising Executive credential
- Minimum two years of nonprofit fundraising experience with a demonstrated ability to secure major gifts
- Salesforce Administrator, or similar CRM system
* Must have a valid drivers license & insurance and/or reliable transportation required for travel to communities around Indiana as required by the position.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert