Corporate & Foundation Relations Associate
- Connecticut Children's
- Connecticut, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Mar 2, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Administrative, Public Relations and Communications
- Community Foundations, Social Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Corporate and Foundation Relations Associate is a creative, entrepreneurial, results-oriented development professional who will contribute to the overall success of the Corporate and Foundation Relations team. Coordinates and performs a variety of fundraising, administrative and operational support duties, which requires a range of skills. Primary focus will be to undertake corporate and foundation philanthropy for awards up to $25,000 and provide operational support for Corporate and Foundation Relations team. Works independently with moderate supervision.
Provide general project support to the Corporate and Foundation
Relations team with particular focus on corporate and foundation
giving and other operational support.
In collaboration with other members of the Corporate and Foundation Relations team, will engage and solicit companies and foundations for awards ranging from in-kind donations (including gifts of equipment to the Medical Center and silent auction items) up to $25,000 contributions, processing the gifts and coordinating with appropriate offices to ensure the gifts are appropriately recognized. In addition, engage local companies for sponsorships of Foundation philanthropic events and Medical Center events and activities. Conduct prospect research of corporations and foundations.
Solicit and manage the acceptance and recognition of monetary donations, in-kind gifts and sponsorships including the completion of appeal and gift transmittal forms.
Assist with writing or processing correspondence, acknowledgement letters, briefings, cause marketing contracts, and donor reports in association with Corporate and Foundations Relations giving.
Provide administrative support to the Corporate and Foundation Relations Team, including preparing meeting materials, assisting with mailings, scheduling meetings, data entry and analysis, report production, and logistical support for check and gift presentations.
The Corporate and Foundation Relations Associate will maintain the highest quality of standards, thus ensuring positive relationships with past, current and potential corporate and foundation supporters.
May be asked to represent Connecticut Children's Medical Center Foundation in the community (check presentations, events, meetings, Medical Center tours, etc.) -- adhering to Connecticut Children's standards of excellence.
Demonstrates support for the mission, values and goals of the organization.
Performs other duties as assigned by leaders in the organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Customer Relationship Management
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Critical thinking
- Data entry and analysis
- Computer literacy and demonstrated intermediate proficiency of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work without close supervision.
- Ability to work occasionally on evenings and weekends.
- Ability to provide own transportation for frequent work-related events, errands and activities, including community-based activities and events. Ability to work independently, while prioritizing and successfully balancing multiple tasks and projects. Attention to detail and meeting tight deadlines are critical for success.
- Ability to enter data and run reports on Customer Relationship Management platform.
- Ability to write grammatically-correct correspondence, including emails, briefings, memos and letters.
- Ability to work with optimism and enthusiasm in a team environment, achieving one's personal goals, while supporting others in their goals and working together on shared goals.
- Ability to develop strong knowledge of departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
- Creative, organized professional, with flexibility and ability to work within the context of a team environment.
Work Environment: The position will work inside an office building environment at a Connecticut Children's location.
Minimum Education and Experience Required
Bachelor's Degree, with 2 years relevant work experience (may include internships) preferred.
High School Diploma or equivalent, plus minimum of 4 years relevant work experience, may be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert