Development & Grants Manager
- Special Olympics Northern CA
- California, United States
- $68,000.00 - $73,000.00
- Closing date
- Mar 3, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Fundraising Administration, Other Fundraising, Programs, Grant Administration, Grant Making, Government Relations and Advocacy, Program Administration and Management
- Other Fields
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Special Olympics Northern California’s (SONC) mission is to create an inclusive community where people with and without disabilities can make connections, develop healthy lifestyles, achieve success, and experience the joy of sports.
The Development and Grants Manager is a key contributor to the expansion of new grant and foundation opportunities as well as the maintenance of existing grant and foundation partnerships. Builds and maintains a foundation cultivation cycle and grant stewardship plan. The Development and Grants Manager is also responsible for project support for the Development department.
Responsibilities/ Essential Functions:
- Cultivation, management, and development of new sources of foundation grant support.
- Maintenance of existing foundation relations.
- Foundation grant and report writing.
- Establish goals and maintain impeccable metrics and reporting on a regular basis.
- Execute an effective foundation cultivation cycle and stewardship plan.
- Establish and maintain a grant donor cultivation and stewardship plan to ensure that grant and foundation partnerships are sustainable, have opportunities to increase their level of support, and enjoy a close relationship with Special Olympics Northern California
- Use Salesforce to maintain accurate records and reports.
- Prepare written materials, including correspondence, letters of inquiry, grant applications and regular communications with foundation and prospects.
- Provide grants and foundations support to the CEO and CDO for high visibility foundation donors.
- Support the Development Team with other revenue channels to attain overall revenue goals
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or relevant discipline, and/ or equivalent work experience.
- Three+ years of non-profit fundraising and/or relationship-based sales experience with a proven track record of success.
- Background in foundation grant writing preferred; background in government grant writing is a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM/ relational databases is required
- Corporate sponsorship sales a plus.
- Demonstrated initiative and strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and multiple projects simultaneously.
- Collaborative and able to work with employees at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple, sometimes conflicting, priorities.
- Polished presentation and interpersonal skills; strong persuasive communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills: familiarity with database management, spreadsheet and desktop publishing to communicate concepts and other computer-based activities;
- Problem analysis skills and strong judgment required; Possess a, positive, results driven approach, and the ability to suggest creative solutions to problems.
- Flexibility and resilience, including the ability to adapt to changing priorities, situations and demands is necessary
- Position requires occasional local travel on weekdays, evenings, and weekends.
We offer an inclusive, casual work environment.
Benefits include, but are not limited to: Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) (retirement plan), life and long-term disability insurance, vacation, sick and personal days and federal holidays, as well as a paid Winter Break.
Special Olympics Northern California and Nevada is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disabilities. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities; please let us know if you need accommodations for the interview process. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with diverse backgrounds.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert