Development Director, College of the Arts and Media
- University of Montana Foundation
- Montana, United States
- Competitive Salary
- Closing date
- Mar 4, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Major Gifts, Other Fundraising
- Arts, Education, Museum, Other Fields
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The University of Montana Foundation has an outstanding opportunity for a Director of Development at the University of Montana’s College of the Arts and Media.
The College of the Arts and Media (CAM) includes the School of Music, School of Theater and Dance, School of Visual and Media Arts, School of Journalism, and the Montana Museum of Arts and Culture. CAM hosts the only theatre and dance program in the state, a nationally ranked School of Journalism, one of 12 touring Equity theatre companies in the U.S affiliated with a university, a growing musical-theatre program, the largest permanent collection of art in the state, and a music program that boasts 100% placement of their music education students across Montana.
The Director of Development will drive fundraising strategies, build donor relationships, and engage and solicit donors on behalf of the College of the Arts and Media.
- Retirement 403(b) contribution of 11%
- Generous time off – Team members accrue four weeks of vacation and 12 days of sick leave per year, with an additional 12 days of holiday leave
- Paid parental leave of four weeks for new parents
- Short-term and long-term disability pay protection benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, wellness program and more
- Opportunities for a part-time remote work arrangement each week
- Professional development opportunities, including a year-long training with Plus Delta Partners
- In coordination with the Dean of the College of the Arts and Media, develop an understanding of and ability to articulate the mission, values, and fundraising priorities of the College
- Build relationships with prospective and current major donors (giving $25,000+), with frequent travel around Montana and occasional out-of-state travel
- Develop, implement, and document identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for donors
- Write and present gift proposals that reflect the College’s values and fundraising priorities
- Inspire and coordinate the participation of the Dean, faculty, staff, and volunteers in fundraising activities
- Work in collaboration with UM Foundation teams including Development, Prospect Research and Management, Marketing and Communications, Stewardship, and Gift and Fund Administration
The UM Foundation and the College of the Arts and Media seek a candidate who excels in relationship building, possesses a high level of self-motivation, and is team oriented.
Other requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Five or more years of development or related experience, with at least two years fundraising experience in a higher education setting or arts organization, with a working knowledge of the principles and practices of major gift fundraising
About the College of the Arts and Media
The College of the Arts and Media (CAM) is comprised of four schools: Journalism, Music, Theatre and Dance, and Visual and Media Arts, as well as affiliate organizations the Dennison Theatre, Montana Media Lab, Montana Museum of Art and Culture, and Montana Repertory Theatre. The growing creative-industry sectors in Montana that involve CAM students include content creation across multiple sectors including art and music education, eSports, film, commercial music industries, and new media.
The broader mission of CAM is to offer outstanding professional training in the arts and media; to provide a foundation and professional opportunities for students preparing for careers in arts and media; to provide educational leadership for arts teachers in Montana and the nation; to serve the general student body by offering courses, exhibitions, and performances designed to enhance appreciation of the arts and culture; to instill a sense of the importance of the arts and media; to serve the University, the community, the State of Montana, and the region as a cultural resource; and to serve as innovative storytellers through technology, providing national leadership in this field.
The College of the Arts and Media supports the University of Montana’s strong commitment to creating a vibrant and welcoming culture that expects and respects diversity. Our patron base includes the students, faculty, and staff at UM as well as community members of all backgrounds. We support diversity, equity and inclusion through our performances, exhibitions, collections, services, instruction, and physical and virtual environments in recognition of our unique responsibility to and long history of upholding equal access, intellectual freedom, and freedom of expression.
About the University of Montana Foundation
The UM Foundation connects donors’ passions with needs and opportunities at the University of Montana. Serving the University as an independent nonprofit, the UM Foundation manages the University’s private fundraising efforts, donations, and investment of endowed gifts.
The UM Foundation is celebrating the recent completion of the most successful higher education fundraising campaign in state history, inspiring donors to give over $450 million to elevate every student, school, and college at the University of Montana. The UM Foundation is now intentionally growing its development team to prepare for the next campaign.
The UM Foundation is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the people and culture of the University it serves. UM Foundation employees enjoy a collaborative culture and inspiring mission to support the University and its students.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert