Director of Major Gifts
- Sphinx Organization
- Michigan, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Mar 7, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Major Gifts
- Arts, Youth
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Director of Major Gifts
The Director of Major Gifts for the Sphinx Organization bears many responsibilities, specifically overseeing all Board relations and individual giving. Chief responsibilities for this position are summarized in connecting current and prospective individual donors with Sphinx’s programming and its mission.This is a senior-level remote role with a compelling package that includes a salary in the low $100,000 range plus full employer-paid benefits.
- Be responsible for maintaining and growing the major donor portfolio of $3 million dollars annually
- Build, nurture and manage relationships with each individual member of the Board of Directors, including their giving portfolios and their roles and responsibilities as members of various Board committees
- Coordinate all notices related to Board meetings, retreats and other events, including attendance
- Coordinate distribution and drafting of all necessary Board related materials, such as minutes, organizational updates, special notices, requests, etc.
- Supervise the Manager of Patron Relations and Communications (which includes annual giving, social media and marketing)
- Oversee individual VIP participation in all main events
- Work with programming staff to effectively liaise between the needs of individuals and programmatic priorities
A successful candidate for this position is passionate about Sphinx’s mission and committed to its long-term success. They must possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, as well as a high level of computer literacy. A person in this position is charged with engaging, cultivating and tracking major donors as well as some degree of prospect strategy and cultivation. In essence, a candidate for this position must be able to serve as both the strategist and executor of major donor asks, campaigns and programs, reporting directly to the President. Candidates must be highly organized and be able to manage a substantial volume of details pertaining to individual portfolios. Candidate must also possess the agility to write and edit quickly with a very high degree of accuracy as well as an ability to convey the mission, goals and activities of the organization through written and oral communication on a daily basis. This position sometimes requires long working hours, with a regular need for travel (with a focus to Detroit and New York) while offering the flexibility of a remote structure.
How to Apply
Upload your resume and cover letter with salary requirements via this secure Dropbox link.
DEADLINE: February 17, 2023
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert