Program Manager - Sustainable Finance
- New Venture Fund - The Finance Hub
- New York, United States
- $70,000.00 - $85,000.00
- Closing date
- Mar 8, 2023
- Position Type
- Programs, Grant Making, Administrative, Office Administration, Other Administrative
- Environment, For-Profit Companies, International, Research
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Finance Hub is focused on aligning financial markets with conservation – in particular using the power of mainstream financial markets and actors to help eliminate deforestation, land conversion and overfishing. The Hub’s work is a component of the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation’s Conservation and Markets Initiative (CMI) where the principal objective is to stop the degradation of ecosystems that results from the production and trade of certain key agriculture and seafood commodities. The Finance Hub is housed within the New Venture Fund (NVF), an incubator of innovative, impact-oriented projects.
The Program Manager will be responsible for managing grants administration and for coordinating operational elements of the Finance Hub within New Venture Fund, as well as managing operational elements of the Hub’s interaction with the Moore Foundation. The Program Manager will interact with an established portfolio of non-profit organizations and consultants, all of whom collaborate to advance The Finance Hub’s goals. The coordination function will include managing contracts, maintaining program dashboards, tracking deliverables and helping to ensure that collaborators maintain an agreed upon cadence of communication about their work. This role offers a unique opportunity for a motivated individual looking to gain experience in the fields of sustainable finance, sustainable development and philanthropy. This position is exempt for overtime purposes.
- Provide administrative support to the Managing Director: managing dashboards, supporting scheduling (calls, meetings, travel), expenses,
- Information management (electronic filing, database entry on grant information)
- Budget: assist in tracking grant budget; manage subscription and service payments
- Support administrative interface with NVF, the project’s fiscal sponsor and host organization
- Manage written and verbal responses to basic inquiries about the work of the Finance Hub
- Support grant making operations (application process, grant reporting and monitoring)
- Support MD in grant reporting to Finance Hub funders (principally the Moore Foundation)
- Initiate targeted research as outlined by Managing Director
- Support a collegial and team-oriented work environment
- All employees of New Venture Fund must submit timesheets
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters in related field desired
- Minimum 4-5 years of professional experience in a related function and/or field
- Experience providing administrative support to a director-level office is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated interest in environmental and social issues and sustainable development or sustainable finance or agriculture
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Open communication style; sense of humor
- Ability to work in a dynamic “start-up” environment
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to cultivate and maintain effective relationships with funders, grantees, consultants, and other stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills, including attention to detail
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications, particularly Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and problem solve
Attributes: The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Committed to Excellence
- Passionate – interested in the substance of our work and mission
- Open and Honest
- Humble and Self-Aware
- Sense of Humor
- Comfort with Ambiguity
Reporting: The Program Manager will report to the Managing Director
Location: New York City area desired. Can also accommodate a work-from-home arrangement. However, all candidates must be situated within the Eastern or Midwestern time zone.
Compensation: Competitive salary with comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% automatic contribution and a 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
Application Process: Application Deadline: March 15, 2023
Send C.V. and cover letter describing your interest, qualifications, and salary requirements to email@example.com. No inquiries apart from the email submission please.
- Include “Program Manager” in the subject line.
- Be sure to include a cover letter.
- Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
New Venture Fund Careers
The Finance Hub is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, New Venture Fund requires that any employee who is required to conduct in-person activities for their job must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 within four weeks of their start date. This position may require candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at HR@newventurefund.org.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert