Grants and Contracts Manager
- Children's Council San Francisco
- California, United States
- $80,000.00 - $90,000.00
- Closing date
- Mar 8, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Annual Fund, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Grant Seeking, Other Fundraising, Programs, Grant Administration, Grant Making, Administrative, Accounting and Finance
- Advocacy, Education
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Job Title: Grants and Contracts Manager
Reports to: Senior Fund Development Manager
FLSA Status: This is a fulltime / 40 hours per week, Exempt level position
Salary Range: $80,000 - $90,000
About Children’s Council
For more than 45 years, Children’s Council has been the heart of child care and early education in San Francisco, advancing the belief that high-quality child care can transform lives and communities. Our more than 120 team members help families navigate their child care and preschool options and secure financial assistance to pay for it. We provide home-based child care businesses with the training and resources to succeed. Through a wide range of free programs and workshops, we support parents and caregivers as they build child development skills. As the city’s second-largest nonprofit contractor, with an annual budget of over $210 million, we are a major stakeholder in the child care system. We educate the public and advocate for increased investment in early education at the local and state level. If you are a child care champion, we want you on our team.
Summary of the Position
The Grants and Contracts Manager is responsible for day-to-day management and administration of prospective, pending and awarded grants and contracts for Children’s Council of San Francisco and will serve as a main liaison with most donors on matters related to grants/contracts administration and/or compliance. She/he/they will provide technical assistance and guidance to program staff on interpretation of donor regulations and award requirements, using sound judgment in mitigating risk and informing management when compliance risks arise. The Grants and Contracts Manager will also oversee and manage the day-to-day full award/contract lifecycle from pre-award to close-out based on donor rules and regulations and Children’s Council’s policies and procedures.
- Your superpower is your ability to be agile while working in a rapidly-growing organization.
- You are able to work in a multi-disciplinary environment and effectively collaborate across teams.
- You can confidently work independently and solve complex problems with limited oversight.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Working in close collaboration across all departments, you will manage the full life cycle of all grant award/contract administration. This will specifically include: monitoring proposal and report deadlines, submitting proposals and reports; supporting the negotiations of contracts/agreements; coordinating other contractual and financial matters to ensure all deliverables and reporting requirements are met; and managing contract close out.
- Serves as Children’s Council’s liaison with donors on matters related to grant/contract administration and/or compliance, including coordination of any needed adjustments to the grant/contract terms, in close coordination with Leadership. Responds to donor inquiries as needed.
- Works with Finance team to ensure funds have arrived in the expected timeframe and that the facilitation of the invoicing/billing of funders is performed in a timely fashion.
- Serves as primary liaison with Children’s Council departments, including but not limited to Programs, Finance or other departments, to ensure grant/contract coordination occurs across departments.
- Coordinates Program, Finance and Development staff to develop budget documents for grant/contract proposals and reports, and coordinates post-award budget modification process as needed.
- Ensures grant/contract deliverables are entered, updated and tracked in Salesforce.
- Will interpret and provide guidance on state, local and private funding regulations as needed. As such, you will take the appropriate action to ensure there’s organizational compliance.
- Coordinates grant/contract partner documentation (such as letters of reference, MOUs and other reporting information).
- Contributes to compliance reviews/audits as directed by Children’s Council management. You will also support external programmatic or financial audits which may include coordinating documentation and other supporting materials.
- Supports new funding opportunities by clarifying donor requirements in RFP/RFQ/grant solicitations and guidelines (including Children’s Council contracts and cooperative/partnership agreements), using organizational project management tools (Asana/Salesforce/etc.) to articulate cross-departmental collaboration for submission.
- Support research of funding opportunities; supporting development, program, finance and other team members to ensure cross team communication and decision-making about prioritization of funding opportunities.
- Will conduct final review of proposals to ensure alignment with donor requirements and Children's Council’s standards.
- Will support the RFP and report writing as needed.
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
- At least 3 - 5 years’ experience managing government and nonprofit grants and contracts.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of State and local government contract regulations ( such as the Minimum Compensation Ordinance, Health Care Accountability Ordinance; First Source Hiring Program, etc.).
- Must have experience working independently, collaborating across teams to manage complex RFP guidelines, and competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience adhering to the philanthropic proposal guidelines and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret regulations and implement actions accordingly.
- You must have meticulous attention to details.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft 365 Office Suite and Salesforce experience preferred and proficient in editing PDF documents.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Background check is required.
- Management skills requiring ability to interface and build strong working relationships with technical and operational business functions and staff.
- Bilateral, multilateral, and Foundation donor experience preferred.
Children's Council of SF is committed to building a staff that is rich with cultural, social and experiential diversity. Candidates who want to join us on this journey and who can uniquely contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply.
Children's Council operates in a hybrid model. Applicants should be comfortable with both the remote and in office scenarios.
Benefits, and Employee Perks:
We offer great benefits! Employer 5% 401K Matching program/Tuition Reimbursement / Medical, dental, vision, Long-term disability, Life & Pet Insurance / FSA, HSA & Transit Commuter Benefits / PTO accrual - starting with over 5 weeks annually / 15 paid holidays / Lunch-n-Learn Training and Professional Development
Equal Opportunity & Equity Statement
Children’s Council is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity as central to our work serving the San Francisco community. We comply with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. Our practices are in alignment with our commitment to workplace equity, diversity, and inclusion. We foster a work environment where our current and future staff feel welcomed without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert