Major Gifts Officer - Naples, FL
- Wounded Warrior Project
- Florida, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Mar 9, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Donor Relations, Grant Seeking, Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Programs, Grant Administration, Grant Making
- Advocacy, Community Development, Community Foundations, Other Fields, Social Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Major Gifts Specialist is a member of WWP’s fundraising team. The Major Gifts Specialist stewards a portfolio of major gift donors and new prospects. The Major Gifts Specialist identifies, cultivates, and solicits high net worth individuals through ongoing personal contact with strong emphasis on in-person meetings and cultivation events. The Major Gifts Specialist shares in the financial goal of the Major Gifts team and is responsible for generating revenue from different revenue channels such as cash, gifts of stock, and deferred gifts.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive the growth of a portfolio of major and prospective donors.
- Articulate effectively, verbally and in writing, WWP’s history, mission, vision, and programs to potential funding sources.
- Ensure portfolio is properly balanced for effective moves management.
- Track communications within Salesforce CRM to ensure prioritizing individual passions through relationship based fundraising strategies.
- Represent WWP and speak to community audiences, organizations, and donors.
- Travel to meet with existing and prospective donors in support of program objectives.
- Establish effective working relationships and work collaboratively with WWP teammates across the organization, e.g., Communications, Marketing, Programs, and other Resource Development teams, working cross channels to garner new donors.
- Provide monthly and quarterly revenue projections and forecasting for the portfolio.
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies.
- Move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure.
- Develop highly personalized donor communications including proposals, stewardship reports, and general program updates.
- Utilize wealth screening information, other research, and networks of existing donors to identify prospective major donors.
- Other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Strong business acumen with the ability to monitor, compile, and analyze data to guide decision making.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain professional relationships and build successful and effective relationships.
- Ability to communicate technical information and requirements to teammates and leadership.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and meet deadlines. Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize, delegate, and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and tact.
- Demonstrated understanding of Wounded Warrior Project and its mission, values, programs, and services, and the impact of these programs and services on wounded warriors and their families.
- Demonstrated understanding of military service organizations (MSOs) and veteran service organizations (VSOs).
- High energy level. Self-starter; willing to take initiative.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency using Microsoft Office, e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with.
- Three years of fundraising or sales experience.
- Three years of demonstrated achievement identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major donors.
- Two years of experience working with Salesforce or similar CRM database.
- Three years of experience working in non-profit organization.
- Bachelor’s degree. Equivalent combination of education, experience, training, or certification may be considered in lieu of degree.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSURE
- Valid state-issued driver’s license.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- General office environment; temperature controlled.
- May require participation in events under varying weather conditions.
- Up to 75% travel.
- May require lifting/carrying items up to 50 pounds.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert