Senior Research Associate, Research and Evaluation
- The Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Maryland, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Closing date
- Mar 9, 2023
- Position Type
- Programs, Grant Making, Program Administration and Management
- Advocacy, Philanthropic Advisors
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Annie E. Casey Foundation is dedicated to building a brighter future for millions of children, youth and youth adults by improving educational, economic, social and health outcomes. The Foundation’s work focuses on strengthening families, building stronger communities and ensuring access to opportunity because children, youth and young adults need all three to succeed. Casey advances research and solutions to overcome barriers to success, help communities demonstrate what works and influence decision makers to invest in strategies based on solid evidence.
At Casey, you will find a dynamic environment with staff of diverse backgrounds and perspectives who share a deep commitment to advancing the Foundation’s mission. Casey staff also have flexible schedules, including a hybrid workweek, to support a healthy work-life balance.
The Foundation is seeking a senior-level professional to play a lead role in the Foundation’s research and evaluation activities related to community change, economic opportunity, and human and social services system reform. This person will collaborate with Research, Evaluation, Evidence and Data (REED) team members who lead other areas of the unit’s work, drawing on their methodological expertise, including knowledge of equitable research practices, to support and advance the work of the unit and the Foundation.
As a senior associate, you will:
- work with program staff on evaluation prerequisites, including logic model, theory of change and evaluation plan development;
- plan, initiate and manage the evaluability assessments of Foundation investments in programs, policies, system reform, and influence and capacity-building initiatives;
- initiate and manage third-party evaluations (including developmental, implementation, outcome and impact studies) of programs, policies and practices in the fields of community change, economic opportunity, and human and social services system reform;
- support equitable approaches to research and evaluation and facilitate engagement with impacted populations, as appropriate;
- initiate and invest in external evaluation and research that contributes to the Foundation’s mission; and
- build the capacity of Foundation grantees, partners and staff to constructively participate in the research and evaluation process and to utilize research and evaluation products and services.
The ideal candidate will have:
- master’s degree required (Ph.D. preferred) or the equivalent combination of education and experience in social sciences, public policy or a related field (e.g., sociology, psychology, public health, public administration or policy);
- minimum of five+ years of experience, with increasing responsibilities in research and evaluation in foundation, public sector or nonprofit settings and demonstrated interest and expertise in the evaluation of child and youth well-being, economic opportunity, community change, human service systems reform and related activities;
- experience in managing complex, multiyear research and evaluation projects involving multiple contractors, partners and community stakeholders; and
- the ability to apply policy and practice research, as well as equity and inclusion strategies, in building enduring partnerships to pursue successful systems and policy change that impacts marginalized populations.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter detailing how your background and experience make you a good candidate for this role. Resumes submitted without cover letters will not be considered. Read the full job description and apply online at www.aecf.org/about/jobs
The Foundation has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires employees to be vaccinated as a condition of employment unless they have a medical or religious exemption. If offered the position, you will be required to provide evidence that you are fully vaccinated.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert