Director, Child Welfare and Juvenile Justice Policy
- The Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Maryland, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Closing date
- Mar 9, 2023
- Position Type
- Programs, Grant Making, Program Administration and Management
- Advocacy, Philanthropic Advisors, Social Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Annie E. Casey Foundation is dedicated to building a brighter future for millions of children, youth and young adults by improving educational, economic, social and health outcomes. The Foundation’s work focuses on strengthening families, building stronger communities and ensuring access to opportunity because children, older youth and young adults need all three to succeed. Casey advances research and solutions to overcome barriers to success, help communities demonstrate what works and influence decision makers to invest in strategies based on solid evidence.
At Casey, you will find a dynamic environment with staff of diverse backgrounds and perspectives who share a deep commitment to advancing the Foundation’s mission. Casey staff also have flexible schedules, including a hybrid workweek, to support a healthy work and life balance.
The Foundation is seeking a senior-level professional to lead the Foundation’s work on federal, state and local policy issues for children, young people and families affected by the child welfare and juvenile justice systems.
Qualified candidates will have the following:
- Master’s degree in public policy, social science or related fields preferred, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience in high-level and effective policy advocacy at the federal and state levels specifically related to the child welfare and juvenile justice systems
- Demonstrated experience analyzing policy and advocacy issues affecting children, young people and families in the child welfare and juvenile justice systems
- A record of outstanding leadership and management in complex organizations and rapidly evolving environments
- Knowledge of and expertise in policymaking processes at the federal and state level and mastery of strategies and tools to shape, inform and influence policy processes and decisions
- Expertise and in-depth knowledge of the child welfare and juvenile justice systems, preferably with experience working in one or both systems
Please submit your resume and a cover letter describing how your background and experience make you a good candidate for this role. The Foundation will not consider resumes submitted without a cover letter. Read the full job description and apply online at www.aecf.org/about/jobs
The Foundation has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires employees to be vaccinated as a condition of employment unless they have a medical or religious exemption. If offered the position, you will be required to provide evidence that you are fully vaccinated.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert