Senior Director of Development, Medical Affairs & Alumni Relations - 006112
- University of South Alabama
- Alabama, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Closing date
- Mar 21, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Alumni Affairs
- Other Fields
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Posting Details Position Information Position Number006112Position TitleSenior Director of Development, Medical Affairs & Alumni Relations - 006112DivisionDevelopment and Alumni RelationsDepartment130400 - University Hospital DevelopmentMinimum QualificationsBachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited institution as approved and accepted by the University of South Alabama and seven years of directly related experience, two years of which were in a supervisory or managerial capacity.Preferred QualificationsA master’s degree is preferred.Job Description SummaryThe University of South Alabama’s division of Development and Alumni Relations is seeking to hire a Senior Director of Development, Medical Affairs and Alumni Relations. Interested candidates should apply to be considered.
Essential Functions These are the job duties required of the position.Essential Functions
- Reports to the Associate Vice President, Medical Affairs Development.
- Responsible for generating private gift support from alumni (including MD and Ph.D. graduates and former residents and fellows), individuals, corporations and foundations by successfully identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding assigned prospects.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive strategic fundraising plan to fulfill the funding priorities of the Whiddon College of Medicine and USA Health University Hospital within defined timelines to include a communications plan, strategies for closing principal, major and annual gifts, and stewardship of donors.
- Hires, trains and supervises assigned development staff to help them achieve personal and team goals.
- Strategically builds and manages a portfolio of a minimum of 40 prospects with the capacity to give a gift of $50,000, develops effective moves management strategies and leads prospects through the qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship cycle.
- Prepares and enters call reports in a timely manner.
- Effectively manages the Medical Alumni Association including the planning and execution of the executive and fill board meetings four times a year, communications, solicitations and oversight of association financials including monthly statements, tax filings and reporting.
- Manages the Medical Alumni Association Awards Program.
- Oversees all alumni engagement activities including Continuing Medical Education offerings, 50th Anniversary outreach, Alumni Reunion Weekend details and regional events, which includes opportunities for alumni to engage with current students.
- Oversees annual activities such as Whiddon College of Medicine alumni membership drive and annual fund and oversees USA Health Grateful Giving Program in support of University Hospital priorities.
- Stewards donors, particularly those who have funded endowments.
- Coordinates meetings and communications with the University Hospital Development Council.
- Effectively collaborates with faculty, colleagues and staff within the Whiddon College of Medicine and USA Health University Hospital to identify and execute initiatives in support of funding priorities.
- Regular and prompt attendance.
- Ability to work schedule as defined and additional hours as required.
- Related duties as required.
Posting Information Number of Vacancies1Position End Date (if temporary)Job Open Date02/18/2023Job Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsWorking DaysMonday - Friday Working Hours8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.Job LocationMain CampusFull-time or Part-TimeFull TimeRegular or TemporaryRegularSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you at least 18 years of age?
- * Do you have a legal right to work in the United States?
- * The University of South Alabama typically does not sponsor individuals for staff positions. Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Less than High School
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree (or will obtain within 6 months)
- Masters Degree (or will obtain within 6 months)
- Terminal Degree (or will obtain within 6 months)
- * How many years of related experience do you have?
- Less than 1 year
- Between 1 - 3 years
- Between 3 - 5 years
- Between 5 - 7 years
- More than 7 years
- * How did you hear about this position?
- USA website
- Zip Recruiter
- HigherEd Jobs
- Alabama Career Center / Alabama Works
- Word of mouth
Applicant Documents Required
- Resume Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
The University of South Alabama is an EO/AA employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other applicable legally protected basis. If you feel you have been discriminated against, please notify the Equal Employment Opportunity Investigator or the Assistant Vice President, Human Resources/Finance and Administration.
EO/AA Employer – minorities/females/veterans/disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
The University of South Alabama publishes certain crime statistics for the most recent three-year period as required by the Jeanne Clery Act. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the school. The report, along with additional information, is available online at: http://www.southalabama.edu/departments/police/resources/fireandsafetyreport.pdf. You may also request a paper copy from the University Police office located at 290 Stadium Blvd, Beta Gamma Commons Building, Mobile, AL 36688.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert