- PREA Foundation
- Washington, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Mar 21, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Capital Campaigns, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Major Gifts, Membership, Special Events, Programs, Grant Administration, Program Administration and Management, Administrative, Office Administration, Public Relations and Communications
- Community Foundations, Education, Philanthropic Advisors
- Employment Type
- Full Time
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Pension Real Estate Association (PREA) Foundation is dedicated to fostering diversity and inclusion in the real estate investment industry. The Pension Real Estate Association is the premier trade association for institutional investors in real estate, with over 725 corporate member firms from 17 different countries. Corporate members include some of the largest investment management firms in the world, including JP, Morgan Chase, Blackstone, and Goldman Sachs. PREA investor members represent more than $11.3 trillion in assets, with approximately $800 billion invested in real estate.
In 2017, Pension Real Estate Association established the PREA
Foundation as an independent nonprofit, prioritizing and
recognizing the need for increased diversity within the field and
an increased pool of talent representing the industry. Today, PREA
Foundation is governed by a board of global industry leaders,
developing programs designed to increase the racial, gender, and
socioeconomic diversity of professionals pursuing long-term careers
in real estate.
PREA Foundation is uniquely positioned to organize and direct the resources of institutional capital partners to create, accelerate, and expand diversity career pathway programs and disseminate evidence-based DE&I practices specific to the industry. The Foundation leverages donor funds by making catalytic grant investments with leading providers of diversity programming to create career-entry and advancement opportunities for people of color and women at critical career transition points from high school to the C-suite.
PREA Foundation is working to build and scale the largest and most comprehensive diversity-talent pipeline into the institutional real estate industry. The Foundation’s grants create life-changing career opportunities for young people and help to ensure that the future leadership of the industry reflects the rich diversity of society.
To learn more about the PREA Foundation, please visit https://www.prea.org/foundation/
ABOUT THE POSITION
The PREA Foundation seeks a highly organized, action-oriented, collaborative problem solver to join its team. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Foundation Coordinator will facilitate the team’s ability to do their jobs well by managing essential daily functions, always with the big picture in mind. The Foundation Coordinator will also support the Executive Director in delivering on grant and donor-related needs and maintaining relationships with the Board of Directors, donors and program staff.
The Foundation Coordinator will provide wide and varied organizational and administrative support necessary to effectively execute the PREA Foundation’s programs, governance and donor stewardship responsibilities. As a highly engaged member of the PREA Foundation Team, this individual will excel in managing multiple projects with an eye toward details.
Given the entrepreneurial nature of the organization, the Foundation is seeking a self-starter, capable of working with minimal supervision but also highly collaborative and reliable, one who demonstrates a high level of integrity, resilience, and a willingness to take on tasks large and small to achieve our goals of creating greater diversity, equity, and inclusion in the real estate industry.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited
Executive Director Support
- Write and edit documents and other deliverables with high attention to detail.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; proactively handle matters in a timely manner and follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Attend meetings with the Executive Director, taking notes, tracking deliverables, and ensuring timely follow-ups.
- Complete a variety of tasks for the Executive Director, including managing a calendar of appointments, composing and preparing correspondence, arranging complex and detailed meetings, travel plans, itineraries, agendas and compiling documents that support the Executive Director’s ability to effectively lead the organization.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of board & committee meeting materials and record meeting minutes.
- Maintain the board portal and organize information relevant to the Foundation Board members with discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members.
- Orchestrate meeting coordination, including complex and large-group scheduling, event publicity, communication with attendees, travel arrangements and managing RSVPs.
- Respond to inquiries from Foundation stakeholders and make high-level contacts of a sensitive nature, internally and externally, requiring discretion and diplomacy.
- Drive content for the Foundation website, social media accounts, quarterly newsletter and annual report.
- Oversight and basic management of the Foundation website and social media activity.
Donor and Grantee Coordination
- Serve as the initial point of contact for donor and grantee inquiries regarding the Foundation.
- Communicate information to grantees and donors to maintain engagement and facilitate collaboration on Foundation initiatives.
- Maintain records and gather and analyze grant program data.
- Prepare work plans and reports to facilitate projects with key donors and partners.
- Maintain a system for tracking, monitoring and prioritizing tasks and project plans.
- Maintain and organize Foundation files on computer drive and MS Teams.
- Provide administrative support, including document creation, reimbursements, check requests, organization and maintenance of files and records.
- Work on special projects
as needed and conduct basic research and analysis of data to
respond to requests.
The ideal candidate will possess the following
- An authentic passion and commitment to PREA Foundation’s vision to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Exceptional organization and project management skills, with the ability to work hands-on to develop and execute a variety of activities.
- A strong learning orientation and a roll-up-your-sleeves, can-do attitude.
- A strong customer service orientation, exceptional relationship management skills and a sense of humor.
- Strong cultural competence with an ability to communicate and influence diverse stakeholders.
- Comfort and an affinity for social media tools and office technologies.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite skills (i.e., Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams, Word, SharePoint, and Adobe Acrobat Pro).
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Three or more years of professional experience in one or more of the following areas: program management; philanthropy/nonprofit; diversity and inclusion; real estate investment, and/or financial services.
- Knowledge of the real estate investment space is welcome but not required.
- College degree and comparable years of professional experience required.
Flexible, Seattle, New York City, Washington D.C.
preferred. Other U.S. cities considered. Primarily
remote work position and in-person meetings as needed.
Occasional weekend and evening hours may be required. 10-20%
travel as needed.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary and benefits will be competitive for the nonprofit sector and commensurate with experience. In addition to base salary the position pays a performance bonus, health insurance premiums and offers a 401K plan with employer match.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS, PLEASE APPLY
Please submit a resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the cover letter, please describe your most relevant experience for this role and why you are interested in working to further the mission of the PREA Foundation.
PREA Foundation Inc. is committed to fostering diversity, equity and inclusion and actively welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert