Director, Major Giving and Corporate Partnerships - One Drop Foundation
- One Drop Foundation
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Mar 22, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Donor Relations, Major Gifts
- Community Development, Environment, Health, International
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Are you a strategic thinker and a skilled communicator with a proven track record of successful major gift and corporate partnership fundraising? Are you praised for your excellent interpersonal skills and are able to build strong relationships with donors, partners, and colleagues? Do you possess strong project management and organizational skills, are able to lead and motivate a team, and have a deep understanding of the fundraising landscape?
ONE DROP is looking for a Director of Major Gifts and Corporate Partnerships to work closely with the Philanthropy and Corporate Development team, the executive team and board members. You will be responsible for identifying potential funders, developing and implementing strategies to secure major gifts from individual donors and corporate partners in support of One Drop’s mission and goals. The Director of Major Gifts and Corporate Partnerships manages and coordinates corporate sponsorships and works to align partnerships with the organization’s values and goals while creating mutually beneficial opportunities for the partners. They also ensure that key deliverables are received in a timely manner.
Why choose us?
ONE DROP is an energetic, creative, and dynamic non-profit organization created in 2007 by Guy Laliberté, founder of Cirque du Soleil. Our mission is to ensure that communities facing extreme barriers have access to safe and clean water, proper sanitation, and hygiene.
Such an ambitious mission calls for extraordinary actions led by action driven people. We do our best to pave the way into uncharted territory and seek out opportunities for collaboration, funding, and social impact. Does your energy, passion and determination motivate and inspire those around you? Join our team of purpose driven people!
Reporting to the Chief Philanthropy and Corporate Development Officer, One Drop’s Director, Major Giving and Corporate Partnerships:
- Plays a leadership role in planning, implementing, coordinating, and managing the revenue strategies in support of the One Drop Foundation with the clear objective of securing significant funding commitments from corporations, foundations and HNWI (High Net Wealth Individuals) in Western Canada and/or USA.
- Conduct the creation of short-and long-range strategic plans with a primary focus on developing and expanding the major giving portfolio as well as the corporate engagement program
- Participate in the development of partnership strategies and identify partners and relationships that will support One Drop Foundation’s priorities based on business intelligence analysis (including understanding corporate branding and community investment strategies)
- Develops and manages a portfolio of up to 20 prospective and existing major, corporate, foundation and donors (donations and partnerships valued over $100,000 and more)
- Through the cultivation, proposal, solicitation, and stewardship phases
- Ensure that the annual revenue and activity targets are met
- Proactively instills and nurtures positive, collaborative relations with stakeholders to discover and understand their personal and business objectives and their potential connections and alignment with the foundation.
- Work collaboratively with the Chief Philanthropy and Corporate Development Officer and the revenue generation team to design highly competitive engagement, solicitation and stewardship plans and strategies
- Provides strategic and operational leadership in the planning, development, implementation, and ongoing review of effective and efficient solicitation plans.
- Build and supervise the timely implementation of a pre-approved calendar of activities
- Working with various internal stakeholders to leverage data analytics, KPIs and benchmarking to drive segmentation and strategy and ensure coordination of engagement opportunities for the cultivation of existing and prospective partners.
- Builds, cultivates, and maintains relationships with corporations, foundations and HNWI and strategic alliances to inspire support for One Drop Foundation’s top priority funding initiatives and value-based partnerships.
- Represent and actively networks at conferences and events toward building the presence and reputation of the foundation and creating mutually beneficial partnerships.
- University degree in management, business development, sales or other relevant discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience (graduate diploma an asset)
- Certified Fund-Raising Executive—CFRE (an asset)
- Deep understanding of the principles of partnership proposals and best practices
- Fluency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and well-versed in social media platforms
- Experience using software as well as fundraising databases (knowledge of the Salesforce software is an asset)
- Excellent relationship-building, awareness-raising, and solicitation skills with current and potential ambassadors
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong organizational, prioritizing, and multi-tasking abilities
- Experience for fostering positive relationships
- Other languages an asset; French and Spanish
- Minimum 8-10 years of progressive fundraising, business development and sales experience with a proven track record of achievement and success with developing prospective individual and corporate donors and closing major gifts
- Experience developing, presenting, and closing large, complex partnership proposals
- Knowledge of the not-for-profit sector, with preference for experience in WASH and climate sectors
- Experience working with an organization with international initiatives (an asset)
- Experience or keen interest in working with an organization that has a social mission
We’re looking for friendly people who share our values. Does this sound like you?
- Creative, resourceful, dynamic, and motivated
- Highly professional with deep interpersonal intelligence
- Disciplined, independent, and detail oriented
- Proven track record of being an effective team member who actively contributes to achieving goals in a complex, fast-paced environment
- An attitude that’s proactive, flexible, leadership-focused, and initiative-based
At ONE DROP, we take care of our employees
- Flexible work schedule and possibility of telecommuting
- Group insurance plan from first day on the job (drug, medical, vision, dental, travel, disability, life)
- Group RRSP after 6 months on the job
- “Dialogue” telemedicine platform providing access to online health specialists
- Employee assistance program (access to confidential consultation services)
- Social committee and group activities
- Summer hours
Good to know
- The Major Giving and Corporate Partnerships Director’s headquarters are located at the One Drop Foundation’s offices: 8400 Avenue du Cirque, Montreal (QC) H1Z 4M6 CANADA
- Remote work options available (as laid out in the organization’s remote work policy)
- This position requires to work flexible hours and travel occasionally
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to contact@ONEDROP.org
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert