Database Manager & Gift Processor
- The Foundation for Santa Barbara City College
- California, United States
- Competitive Salary
- Closing date
- Mar 22, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Membership, Prospect Research, Other Fundraising
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The SBCC Foundation is seeking candidates for the position of Database Manager and Gift Processor.
WHO WE ARE:
The SBCC Foundation is a national leader in community college philanthropy. Since 1976 it has provided Santa Barbara City College with private support, serving as the vehicle through which individuals and organizations may invest in the college and its students. As an independent 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, with assets of more than $80 million, the Foundation distributes approximately $5 million annually for student success programs (such as the SBCC Promise, offering all recent local high school graduates the opportunity to attend SBCC full-time at no cost), scholarships, book grants, and other critical needs of the college. The SBCC Foundation fuels the excellence of Santa Barbara City College by engaging the community, building relationships, and inviting the generosity of donors. The resources raised and managed by the Foundation enrich college programs, remove barriers, and empower students to succeed as they prepare for careers, transfer to four-year universities, and pursue lifelong learning goals.
The Database Manager and Gift Processor is responsible for managing and maintaining the SBCC Foundation’s database of donors, prospects and other relevant populations. With an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness, the Database Manager and Gift Processor ensures that all gifts, pledges, correspondence, biographical information, research, and relationships are recorded accurately, that information is current and well organized, and that gifts to the Foundation are acknowledged in a timely manner. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer and working closely with the finance department, they partner with the Foundation staff to ensure that the SBCC Foundation continues to build a strong base of support to serve the evolving needs of our college and community.
WHAT YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
- Manage the donor database in a manner that ensures protocols for entering and maintaining information are followed;
- Perform timely gift entry and data processing;
- Run statistical, financial, and constituent reports responsive to the needs of staff;
- Prepare lists (mailing, prospect, etc.) as needed by staff;
- Maintain a User Manual for data processing from entry to reports, including current lists of fields, codes, etc.;
- Maintain non-donor constituent lists in the database, including government officials, financial planners, and media;
- Serve as the liaison for donor database software provider(s), any external database support companies, and work closely with external IT consultant to ensure currency of database needs;
- Develop and implement processes to ensure appropriate, personalized, and timely gift acknowledgment to donors;
- Generate pledge payment reminders, and other donor communications, as needed;
- Oversee and research donor and prospect Wealth Screenings and present reports to development staff.
HOW YOU WILL SUCCEED:
- Collaboration and Inclusivity – have the capacity to develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with all foundation colleagues, SBCC administrators, faculty, staff and community educational partners; be an excellent team player who models collaborative work behaviors;
- Communication – Effectively transfer thoughts and expresses ideas orally or verbally in individual and group situations; share information openly and frequently and keep others well informed; keep the CPO and CEO well informed of work progress in meeting objectives; use effective listening skills to gain understanding from others; possess highly developed written skills;
- Drive for results – Demonstrate commitment to achieving results against internal and external standard of excellence; show a passion for continuous improvement;
- Initiative – anticipate what else may be required beyond the express fundamentals of the job; propose things that have not been requested that will improve or enhance the operation, avoid problems, or develop opportunities; plan ahead, anticipate challenges, and take appropriate action;
- Problem Solving – Build a logical approach to address problems or manage situations at hand by drawing on your knowledge and experience base, and calling on other colleagues and resources as necessary;
- Passion – Demonstrate commitment to the organization’s mission and passion for the unique role that community colleges play in creating equitable access to higher education in the United States;
- Flexibility – Be flexible and adaptable to changing needs and priorities as expressed by Santa Barbara City College and the Foundation.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in database administration, prospect and constituent management, data imports and exports, and in developing reports using Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge (preferable) or similar database software;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training and experience, preferably within the nonprofit organization environment;
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office and database software (preferably Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge);
- Strong communication (both oral and written), and organizational abilities.
- Strong records management skills;
- Detail-oriented and ability to establish priorities and work efficiently with minimum supervision;
- Ability to work concurrently on diverse projects with varying timelines and to maintain high standards for accuracy, productivity and confidentiality;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated record of completing projects;
- After hours and weekend work may be required on occasion.
This job description does not list all the duties of the position. Other duties, as assigned or deemed necessary by management, may be required. Performance evaluations will use the contents of this job description as a basis for appraisal.
The SBCC Foundation is committed to offering competitive compensation. The starting cash compensation range for this position is $70,000 to $80,000. A generous benefits package includes a comprehensive health plan, 403b match, and professional development support.
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.
The position is open until filled.
References and other materials may be requested at a later date.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert