VP of Growth
- New York, United States
- Competitive Salary
- Closing date
- Mar 23, 2023
- Position Type
- Executive, Fundraising, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Fundraising Administration, Grant Seeking, Major Gifts, Prospect Research, Other Fundraising, Special Events
- For-Profit Companies, Youth
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Vice President of Growth is responsible for continued growth and innovation in PENCIL’s fund development and brand awareness efforts. Currently, PENCIL’s annual revenue target is $3.6 million spread across corporate, foundation, individual and government sources. The VP of Growth will ensure successful execution of fund development strategies that provide resources for PENCIL to effectively execute its mission and contribute to a city where every young person graduates with a pathway to a rewarding career. The VP of Growth will manage and enhance existing strategies as well as develop new opportunities to expand PENCIL’s pipeline and bottom line. Specific responsibilities include:
Revenue Development Strategy
- Set priorities for revenue growth and campaign improvement as a part of the organization’s regular strategic planning.
- Create and lead strategies to support total annual revenue growth of 5-10% year over year.
- Ensure successful execution of PENCIL’s three key revenue development strategies: Principal For A Day®, The Great Give, and the Celebration of Success.
- Collaborate with the President and VP of Programs to operationalize new initiatives and offerings aligned to major government or foundation grant opportunities.
- Support Associate Directors of Development to meet campaign and portfolio renewal targets.
- Identify and expand pipelines for corporate, individual and foundation gifts.
- Develop new, innovative campaigns and strategies aligned with growth goals in the strategic plan.
- Steward relationships with key supporters, keeping them aware of PENCIL’s progress and plans, exciting them to be more involved, and maintaining or increasing their annual gifts.
- Collaborate with the Chief of Staff to engage Board Members in all major fund development efforts.
- Manage all facets of the Celebration of Success including event logistics, invitations, branding, sponsor outreach and recognition, and day of leadership.
- Assess level of effort and return on investment for fund development activities to ensure effective and efficient use of time and resources to achieve goals.
- Refine and monitor PENCIL’s communications and marketing strategies and goals.
- Support the Communications Manager in her management of all social media platforms and creation of external facing materials ensure consistent, compelling brand representation.
- Expand PENCIL’s visibility to relevant audiences including potential corporate partners, foundations, volunteers, and young people.
- Develop and implement a celebrity and influencer engagement strategy to align with and bolster existing campaigns.
- Develop and leverage opportunities for story placements or interviews in local, national and trade media.
- Ensure all communications deliverables for corporate and foundation partners are fulfilled.
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership to ensure all development and communications team members embrace and model the mission and values of the organization.
- Supervise and support two Associate Directors and a communications manager.
- Ensure all development and communications team members are equipped with the training, support, and information to achieve goals as well as develop professionally.
- Monitor team capacity as aligned to growth and new opportunities.
- Contribute to annual budget development and revenue projections to ensure resources and expenses expectations align.
- Engage as a thoughtful member of the leadership team by collaborating across departments, advocating for team needs, and translating decisions and direction to team members.
- Partner with the President and the CEO to represent PENCIL with external constituency groups, especially corporate and foundation partners.
- Ensure high visibility of development and communications updates and progress for the full staff and Board of Directors.
- Serve as the staff liaison to the Board Resource Development Committee.
- Serve as the staff liaison to the Board Communications Committee
- Contribute to the vision and agendas for high profile events/convening to share the impact of our work and garner new support such as Principal For A Day®.
- Effectively distribute thought leadership products to key funders and constituents.
- Stay abreast of field-wide context to support scale of our models through strategic leveraging of opportunities and exposure.
- At least 12 years of professional experience overall, with a minimum of five years supervisory experience.
- Experience developing organization-wide strategies and vision for revenue growth excellence while engaging and exciting staff, community partners, and Board Members.
- Strong relationship builder and communicator with experience leading diverse work teams.
- Passionate about PENCIL’s mission and values.
- Experience collaborating as part of an executive team in strategic decision making.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, assessing team capacity, and identifying necessary resources for success.
- Strong team management skills and the ability to provide supportive and constructive feedback.
- Strong and creative decision making and problem-solving skills.
- A desire and willingness to collaborate in an honest and transparent manner.
- Demonstrates integrity, strives for excellence in their work, and has experience of leading others to new levels of effectiveness and impact.
- Prior experience in education and non-profit management.
COVID-19 vaccination is required for hire. The position is hybrid but will be required to be in-office or in-person at times based on the work and team’s needs.
Visit PENCIL’s Application Form to apply. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Studies have shown women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At PENCIL we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about the role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for the role.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert