Associate Director of Major Gifts
- Virginia Tech
- Virginia, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Mar 23, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Alumni Affairs, Major Gifts
- Other Fields
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Virginia Tech is seeking multiple Associate Director of Major Gifts to solicit philanthropic gifts from alumni, parents, and friends, which align with overall university, college and program strategic priorities. This highly motivated professional will be involved with the planning and implementation of major gift fundraising efforts in support of current operations, endowment, capital, and other priorities from private sources. As there are multiple positions, this individual will fulfill the duties under the direction of an Assistant Dean for Advancement or the Chief Advancement Officer in close cooperation with overall leadership of the university's central advancement office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with fundraising activities for the college/unit, and university programs within designated time frames
- Travel, on average, five to eight days per month to cultivate, solicit, steward and identify prospects
- Have a portfolio of between 100 to 125 prospects. Have typical solicitation ranges of $100,000 to $1,000,000
- Close $1,000,000 per year using a three-year rolling average
- Close on average 10 to 13 gifts per fiscal year.
- Develop and implement cultivation and solicitation strategies which include building, managing and soliciting a portfolio of major gift prospects
- Establish strong working relationships with other central advancement, collegiate, unit, and constituent development officers and staff to foster a productive work environment
Virginia Tech is an EOE employer.
Quick link: https://careers.pageuppeople.com/968/cw/en-us/job/522478/associate-director-of-major-gifts
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert