Deputy Director of Development for the Climate & Energy Program
- Third Way
- District of Columbia, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Mar 24, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration
- Advocacy, Philanthropic Advisors
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Third Way is a national think tank that was founded in 2005 to champion modern center-left ideas. Our work is grounded in the mainstream American values of opportunity, freedom and security.
We are proud of the organization that we have built and continue to seek out talent who contribute to our ambitious mission. We are deeply committed to promoting a culture of results and respect where every employee has opportunities to contribute, develop, and grow professionally.
Third Way’s Development & External Affairs team is looking for a highly organized and collaborative individual with a track record for setting the strategic vision, growing, and managing an established, successful institutional and individual philanthropic development program for climate and clean energy issues. This includes setting a multi-year plan for Climate & Energy Program development, stewarding more than three dozen existing and prospective donors, identifying and recruiting new potential individual donors, and expanding development communications and events. This position oversees our development advisor and works with a team that includes a grant accounts manager, Senior Vice President for Climate, and Climate policy and communications teams.
Reports to the Vice President of Development & External Affairs.
As the Deputy Director of Development, a typical day might include....
- Setting and overseeing the execution of the development strategy for the Climate & Energy Program to maintain and grow our individual donors and foundation fundraising, working with the Senior Vice President for Climate, Third Way's Development and the Climate policy and Communications teams;
- Cultivating and stewarding relationships with individual and philanthropic donors to the Climate & Energy Program, in conjunction with the Development Advisor and Senior Vice President for Climate;
- Identifying and building relationships with new donor prospects;
- Acting as Third Way's liaison to leaders in climate and energy philanthropy;
- Analyzing trends in individual and institutional climate philanthropy and identifying opportunities for Third Way's Climate & Energy Program to position itself as a thought leader in this space;
- In coordination with the Climate Program Communications team, overseeing the development and implementation of donor-specific communications, products and events;
- Overseeing the Development Advisor who manages institutional philanthropic giving and grant accounts manager's fulfillment of all relevant grants.
This might be the job for you, if you...
- Have 5+ years of relevant experience,
- Are passionate about addressing climate change and Third Way's approach,
- Want to contribute towards Third Way's mission,
- Practice extreme attention-to-detail,
- Communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in writing,
- Can work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines,
- Takes pride in and ownership of your work,
- Are curious and eager for professional development,
- Think on your feet and adapt to changes effortlessly, and,
- Want to make a difference and an imprint as Third Way's newest Deputy Director of Development.
Third Way is committed to the health, safety and wellness of all employees, candidates, stakeholders, and communities. In support of that commitment, all current and newly hired employees are required to provide proof of Covid-19 full vaccination. Proof of full vaccination status will be required after an offer of employment is extended and accepted. Failure to provide proof of full vaccination prior to the start date will result in the offer of employment being rescinded. Third Way offers a flexible, hybrid work environment to support our employees’ healthy work\life balance. Third Way is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates, supports, and promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable laws.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert