Senior Director of Alumni Engagement and Development
- NYU Gallatin School of Individualized Study
- New York, United States
- $200,000.00 - $250,000.00
- Closing date
- Mar 24, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Alumni Affairs, Donor Relations, Administrative, Office Administration, Public Relations and Communications
- Academic Centers
- Employment Type
- Full Time
NYU Gallatin School of Individualized Study seeks an inspiring, visionary, and dynamic leader to serve as the inaugural Senior Director of Alumni Engagement and Development. Reporting to the Dean, the Senior Director will be responsible for creating and implementing a comprehensive alumni engagement and development plan. They will be a highly visible leader in the Gallatin community and play a critical role in expanding donor relationships and alumni engagement.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities of the Senior Director of Alumni
Engagement and Development
• In collaboration with the Dean, develop and manage the implementation of an integrated, comprehensive strategic plan for the School’s alumni engagement and development activities
• Direct the operations of the Gallatin Office of Alumni Engagement and Development
• Hire, develop, manage, and evaluate a committed and highly talented staff
• Directly supervise an Associate Director of Alumni Engagement, an Associate Director of Development and an Administrative Aide.
• Develop a strategic plan detailing how the School can strengthen its alumni community, increase alumni participation, find creative ways to engage students and alumni, and transition graduating seniors into the alumni community.
• Provide leadership to execute this strategy working with Deans and Directors, Dean’s Council membership, faculty, and alumni regional groups.
• Build an Alumni Council that through strategic input and connections can help advance the mission of the School.
• Develop an alumni communication strategy to maximize alumni outreach efforts.
• Working in tandem with the Dean and the University Development and Alumni Relations Senior Director of Development, set the strategy for development within NYU Gallatin
• Cultivate relationships and solicit contributions by actively keeping prospects involved in a variety of School activities and by identifying and matching prospects' interests with giving opportunities
• Develop new sources of funding by identifying, cultivating, and soliciting contributions from foundations, government, and corporate sources
• Lead operations of the office including Principal and Major Gifts, Annual Giving, Stewardship, Research, and Corporate and Foundation Relations
• Travel regionally and nationally to support the School’s priorities, including donor cultivation and solicitation and alumni engagement
• Extensive experience creating, implementing, and leading all facets of a comprehensive fundraising program and alumni engagement effort
• A minimum of 10 years of development experience in a non-profit development and alumni engagement role, preferably in an academic environment
• Excellent organizational skills; detail oriented
• Superb oral and written communication skills; superior interpersonal skills
• Creative problem solver; flexible and open to new ideas; a positive, can-do attitude
• Highest level of professionalism, integrity, and ethical standards
• Culturally competent with respect to issues such as racial, religious, cultural, generational, sexual, and gender identity and committed to diversity, equity and inclusion
• Bachelor’s degree required
All applications must be submitted through NYU’s online career portal. To apply, please visit: https://uscareers-nyu.icims.com/jobs/11655/senior-director-of-alumni-engagement-and-development/job?in_iframe=1
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert