Director of Development, Alexander Blewett III School of Law
- University of Montana Foundation
- Montana, United States
- Competitive Salary
- Closing date
- Mar 25, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Donor Relations, Major Gifts, Other Fundraising
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The University of Montana Foundation has an outstanding opportunity for a Director of Development at the Alexander Blewett III School of Law – Montana’s only law school and a leader in law and policy education.
The Director of Development will drive fundraising strategies, build donor relationships, and engage and solicit donors on behalf of the Blewett School of Law.
- UM Foundation contributes an amount equal to 11% of an employee’s annual compensation into their 403(b) retirement account; no employee contribution is required to receive this benefit
- Generous time off – Team members accrue four weeks of vacation and 12 days of sick leave per year, with an additional 12 days of holiday leave
- Paid parental leave of four weeks for new parents
- Short-term and long-term disability pay protection benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, wellness program and more
- Opportunities for a part-time remote work arrangement each week
- Professional development opportunities, including a year-long training with Plus Delta Partners
- Competitive Pay – candidates can request the starting pay range by emailing email@example.com
- In coordination with the Dean of the Blewett School of Law, develop an understanding of and ability to articulate the mission, values, and fundraising priorities of the Blewett School of Law
- Build relationships with prospective and current major donors (giving $25,000+), with frequent travel around Montana and occasional out-of-state travel
- Develop, implement, and document identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for donors
- Write and present gift proposals that reflect the Blewett School of Law’s values and fundraising priorities
- Inspire and coordinate the participation of the Dean, faculty, staff, and volunteers in fundraising activities
- Work in collaboration with UM Foundation teams including Development, Prospect Research and Management, Marketing and Communications, Stewardship, and Gift and Fund Administration
The UM Foundation and Blewett School of Law seek a candidate who excels in relationship building, possesses a high level of self-motivation, and is team oriented.
Other requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Five or more years of development or related experience, with at least two years fundraising experience in a higher education setting, legal services or policy organization, or similarly complex organization, with a working knowledge of the principles and practices of major gift fundraising
- Advanced degree or work experience in law, public administration, or public policy-related fields
- Familiarity with law and policy issues of the Rocky Mountain West
- Demonstrated commitment to public service
About the Alexander Blewett III School of Law
Founded in 1912, the Alexander Blewett III School of Law is a leader in law and policy education. One of the few law schools to house both law and public administration degrees, the Blewett School of Law integrates theory and practice to provide students with a hands-on, practice-oriented education.
Over 240 law students enjoy the Blewett School of Law’s practice-rich curriculum, which emphasizes areas of law significant to the Rocky Mountain West, including natural resources law, environmental law, and American Indian law and policy.
The law school’s Department of Public Administration and Policy (DPAP) program provides innovative public service education for pre-career and in-career public and nonprofit administration students, offering programs focused on public administration, policy, and nonprofit organizations.
As Montana’s only law school, the Blewett School of Law enjoys a close connection with the state’s tight-knit legal community, judiciary, and policymakers, and a loyal alumni and donor base. The Blewett School of Law promotes and supports an environment that encourages, enriches and respects the multidimensional aspects of diversity.
About the University of Montana Foundation
The UM Foundation connects donors’ passions with needs and opportunities at the University of Montana. Serving the University as an independent nonprofit, the UM Foundation manages the University’s private fundraising efforts, donations, and investment of endowed gifts.
The UM Foundation is celebrating the recent completion of the most successful higher education fundraising campaign in state history, inspiring donors to give over $450 million to elevate every student, school, and college at the University of Montana. The UM Foundation is now intentionally growing its development team to prepare for the next campaign.
The UM Foundation is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the people and culture of the University it serves. UM Foundation employees enjoy a collaborative culture and inspiring mission to support the University and its students.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert