Assistant Vice President for University
Holy Family University’s Office of Advancement is
undergoing exciting changes under the leadership of the new Vice
President for Advancement, who recently joined the
This new organizational structure aligns with the
strategic plan and will build upon prior successes, creating an
advancement program focused on nurturing lifelong relationships
with Holy Family alumni and friends and developing rewarding
partnerships that result in increased philanthropic giving for the
We are seeking an Assistant Vice
President for University Advancement (AVP) for who will
play a key role in partnering with the Vice President in expanding
the Advancement team and building a sustainable culture of
philanthropy and alumni engagement that will strengthen Holy Family
University and secure its legacy for the future.
As a member of the leadership team, the AVP provides
strategic direction and oversight of the programs in annual, major
and planned giving, alumni relations, donor relations and prospect
management. Working collaboratively with the VP, the AVP will
develop, implement and achieve strategic plans for increasing
alumni engagement, growing the annual and major giving programs and
increasing philanthropic support for University’s priorities.
Emphasis will be on recruiting, training and managing the team to
ensure progress towards goals.
Leading by example, the AVP will also effectively manage a
portfolio of major gift prospects and work with colleagues within
UA and across the University in creating and implementing
strategies designed to further loyalty, engagement and financial
support of Holy Family.
The successful candidate will be a collaborative, innovative and
strategic thinker with a strong track record in major gift
fundraising and managing high performing advancement teams.
Employees must understand the mission of Catholic Higher
education and be committed to the core values, mission, goals, and
objectives of Holy Family University.
Essential Duties and
- Provide leadership and direction for building a best-practices
major giving program in collaboration with the VP and advancement
- With the VP, develop a comprehensive, multi-year fundraising
and alumni engagement strategy and plan for University Advancement
that is aligned with the University’s Strategic Plan.
- Design, lead, and execute on annual goals and objectives,
budgets, and staffing for the following programs: Alumni Relations,
Annual Giving, Major and Planned Giving and Donor Relations and
Prospect Management. Manage direct reports and team to achieve
agreed upon annual performance metrics and fundraising goals.
- Work with the Vice President and Director of Donor Relations
and Prospect Management to ensure a robust major gift prospect
pool, distributed among staff to ensure maximum fundraising
opportunity and success.
- With the Director of Annual Giving, oversee the execution of a
robust direct marketing program by using targeted solicitations
across all channels for donor acquisition, renewal and
- With the Director of Alumni Relations, develop a strategic
alumni relations program to expand the University’s engagement with
a greater number of alumni, friends and parents using a
multi-channel approach through digital, print and in-person
- Maintain a portfolio to Identify, cultivate, and solicit a
select group of 30-40 major gift prospects.
- Coordinate the participation of faculty, administration,
trustees, volunteers, and development staff in achieving
- Build effective collaborations across the department and the
- Effectively communicate Holy Family University's values and
- Contribute to a culture of best fundraising practices in
advancement and building a robust culture of philanthropy at Holy
- Bachelor’s degree, with an advanced degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of advancement experience; experience in higher
education highly preferred.
- Track record of significant personal success as a major gift
- Demonstrated success managing advancement teams using
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Leadership skills that are collaborative and inclusive.
- The ability to foster an empowered, inspired and positive
culture for all team members.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation
- Superb organizational skills and the ability to
- Ability to work independently as well collaboratively with team
- Comprehensive knowledge of strategies employed in all
- Knowledge of and ability to follow university policies and
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with the campus community.
- Commitment to the mission and core values of Holy Family
Review of resumes will begin immediately and
continue until the position is filled. To apply, submit
resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
A cover letter is required for
Holy Family University seeks to foster an inclusive and healthy
educational and work environment based on respect, the dignity of
each person and the oneness of the human family. The University
prohibits harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and bias
incidents in any form, including, but not limited to, those based
upon race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, ancestry,
disability, marital status, military/veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, in the
administration of its educational policies, admissions policies,
employment policies and practices, financial aid programs, athletic
programs, and other school-administered activities and rights and
privileges generally accorded or made available to employees and
students at the University. Holy Family University complies with
Title IX of the U.S. Education Amendments of 1972 (“Title IX”), a
federal civil rights law that prohibits discrimination on the basis
of sex in education programs and activities. Holy Family University
is dedicated to ensuring an environment free of discrimination or
harassment of any kind, and promotes equal opportunity and
inclusion in its education programs. Applicants requiring a
reasonable accommodation to the application, and/or interview
process should notify Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.