Director of Advancement Operations
- Holy Family University
- Pennsylvania, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Mar 28, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Fundraising Administration, Prospect Research, Other Fundraising, Programs, Program Administration and Management
- Academic Centers, Education
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Director of Advancement Operations
Holy Family University’s Office of Advancement is undergoing exciting changes under the leadership of the new Vice President for Advancement. The new organizational structure aligns with the strategic plan and will build upon prior successes, creating an advancement program focused on nurturing lifelong relationships with Holy Family alumni and friends and developing rewarding partnerships that result in increased philanthropic giving for the University.
We are seeking a Director of Advancement Operations to fulfill the University’s mission by leading strategy for and overseeing day-to-day operations of University Advancement inclusive of database management, gift processing, and fundraising and alumni engagement reporting. The DAO is a leader and innovator on the UA team who works collaboratively with other leaders across campus and within University Advancement to support expanding engagement and fundraising efforts in a donor-centric environment. The DAO drives strategies that enable a culture of data-driven decision making and serves as a leader for data informed programs and initiatives.
The Director reports to the Vice President of Advancement and is responsible for ensuring high standards of quality, consistency, and accuracy of all Advancement constituent related information. This includes data from other technology platforms as well as data gathered from outside sources. The DAO demonstrates a solid understanding of engagement and fundraising programs including Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge and Raiser’s Edge NXT. The DAO actively engages with Advancement Services professional groups such as CASE and AASP to improve and enhance programs, database operations, and fundraising support and maintain working knowledge of tax codes and the ability to interpret IRS rulings as they apply to charitable contributions and fundraising.
The successful candidate will be a collaborative, innovative, and strategic thinker who has a demonstrated track record of driving effective data management, dashboard reporting and gift administration and is capable of managing systemic growth and change and supporting a growing Advancement program.
Employees must understand the mission of Catholic Higher education and be committed to the core values, mission, goals, and objectives of Holy Family University.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the Advancement Operations which includes database management, advancement reporting, gift processing and acknowledgement, and constituent records maintenance, with a focus on the continuous improvement of all processes and systems.
- Serve as the lead Database Manager and Database Security Officer for University Advancement, managing the UA CRM (Raiser’s Edge and Raiser’s Edge NXT) and oversee the integration of other data and technology platforms.
- Develop strategic analytical models, reports and dashboards that provide performance data and business intelligence to Advancement leadership.
- Evaluate and continuously improve data integrity, including input procedures, establish standard processes for verifying accuracy and completeness of data. Oversee regular data audits to identify data integrity issues and resolve data issues.
- Train Advancement staff on data policies and processes, as well as the use of the CRM database.
- Work closely with Finance to reconcile monthly giving, prepare documents for the auditors, payroll deduction giving and other information.
- Responsible for remaining up-to-date on CASE standards related to charitable giving. Prepare annual VSE report and apply IRS tax laws and regulations regarding gift administration.
- Develop, update when necessary and implement all department gift and donor policies, including the University’s Gift Acceptance Policy and all other related policies and standard agreements.
- Assess and analyze new technologies in software, hardware and storage systems to make appropriate recommendations for informational requirements for donor records as well as alumni outreach.
- Contribute to a culture of best fundraising practices in Advancement and building a culture of philanthropy at Holy Family University.
Minimum recruiting standards:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 4-5 years of experience in advancement operations.
- Subject matter expertise in fundraising operations and knowledge of data management practices, including data base information systems, data modeling, report development and analysis with an emphasis on data quality.
- Certified in Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge preferred.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Forward thinking and ability to meet deadlines and goals independently.
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong communication skills and responsiveness when interacting with internal partners.
- Extraordinary attention to detail and commitment to accuracy in all aspects of work
- Respect for confidentiality and discretion.
- Commitment to the mission and core values of Holy Family University.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. A cover letter is required for consideration.
Holy Family University seeks to foster an inclusive and healthy educational and work environment based on respect, the dignity of each person and the oneness of the human family. The University prohibits harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and bias incidents in any form, including, but not limited to, those based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, military/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, employment policies and practices, financial aid programs, athletic programs, and other school-administered activities and rights and privileges generally accorded or made available to employees and students at the University. Holy Family University complies with Title IX of the U.S. Education Amendments of 1972 (“Title IX”), a federal civil rights law that prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in education programs and activities. Holy Family University is dedicated to ensuring an environment free of discrimination or harassment of any kind, and promotes equal opportunity and inclusion in its education programs. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation to the application, and/or interview process should notify Human Resources at email@example.com.
Apply for Director of Advancement Operations
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert