Donor Relations Associate
- Greater New Orleans Foundation
- Louisiana, United States
- $55,000.00 - $60,000.00
- Closing date
- Mar 28, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Donor Relations, Special Events
- Community Foundations
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Greater New Orleans Foundation has been a trusted philanthropic leader in the 13-parish Greater New Orleans region for nearly 100 years. Our vision is to create a vibrant, sustainable, and just region for all, and our mission is to drive positive impact through philanthropy, leadership, and action. As a community foundation, our resources are comprised of more than 900 charitable funds established by individuals, businesses, and organizations with a passion for charitable giving and a deep commitment to the Greater New Orleans region. As a civic leader, we bring together passionate people from nonprofits, business, government, and philanthropy to address our region’s greatest challenges.
The Foundation is an inspiring, engaging, challenging, thought-provoking, diverse and dynamic place to work and advance your career. We pride ourselves on investing in high-quality staff members and encouraging success by allowing individuals the opportunity to both contribute and enhance their skills and talents as well as to share their unique perspectives as we address community challenges. Our workplace environment nurtures a diverse team and results in a broad base of staff knowledge and talent.
The Greater New Orleans Foundation Donor Relations Associate is collaborative, independent, detail-oriented, and motivated. The Donor Relations Associate is enthusiastic about providing technical support and bringing about efficiencies for the daily operations of the Development and Donor Relations Department. The Donor Relations Associate reports to the Vice President for Philanthropy and works closely with the Donor Relations Manager to ensure the highest quality donor engagement and stewardship.
Donor Communication and Reporting
- Ensure exemplary and responsive customer service for donors in tasks including but not limited to managing incoming gifts, outgoing grants, and general support.
- Support donors and fundholders with general requests for information and technical support, including walkthroughs of DonorCentral to provide fund updates.
- Manage communication and activities around guiding grants throughout the lifecycle.
- Manage communication with donors who have made gifts, including confirmation and follow-ups (e.g., thank you letters).
- Identify opportunities for non-routine (customized) donor communications in collaboration with the Donor Relations Manager and ensure all reporting is executed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Support the Development team in preparing and implementing mass mailings and other donor communications.
- Develop segmented mailing lists to reach various Foundation constituencies, working in conjunction with relevant Foundation staff.
- Manage information updates to the Greater New Orleans Foundation’s customer relationship management (CRM) system, FIMS, working collaboratively with other members of the Foundation staff to ensure information inputs to the CRM are consistent and in line with strategic objectives.
- Manage routine donor communications and reporting, including the generation of acknowledgment letters and receipts using the Foundation’s CRM.
- Optimize the Foundation’s CRM and generate reports to inform the Department and Foundation leadership regarding giving trends, metrics, and other key data.
- Identify opportunities to maximize the CRM’s reporting capabilities in coordination with relevant Foundation staff.
- Provide support for internal/external meetings including catering orders, room set-up, and clean-up.
- Maintain and coordinate the calendar for the Vice President for Philanthropy as needed.
- Provide other ad-hoc assistance to members of the Department, including preparing copies of materials, and drafting correspondence, and supporting basic prospect research.
- Answer Department’s primary line in a friendly, prompt, and professional manner; route calls to departmental colleagues or respond to callers’ needs; and check voicemails throughout the day.
- Provide administrative support for major Foundation events such as GiveNOLA Day and its biennial meeting.
- Provide front desk coverage as needed.
- Support the Vice President for Philanthropy in maintaining and tracking the progress of activities within the Department’s project management system.
- Maintain the Foundation’s grants tracking system and support Foundation staff in coordinating and executing grant reporting activities.
- Assist with scheduling, logistics, and other coordination of activities associated with cross-departmental functions.
- Work with relevant Foundation stakeholders to implement fund audits, ensuring compliance and adherence to donor intent.
- Implement information technology system updates together with other relevant Foundation staff on behalf of the Development and Donor Relations team.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Ability to effectively multitask.
- Enthusiastic about assuming a critical support role for the Department.
- Highly detailed-oriented professional approach.
- Ability to make clear and timely decisions.
- Ability to thrive in a "small shop" environment.
- Receives constructive feedback positively and seeks to continually improve.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience).
- 3-5 years experience working in a professional office setting (fundraising, non-profit, or sales-related field preferred).
- Familiarity with project management best practices.
- Excellent computer skills, including familiarity with MS Office, nonprofit CRMs (e.g. FIMS, Raiser’s Edge), project management software, and donor research tools (e.g., WealthEngine, Candid).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Because of the fluid and evolving nature of work at the Greater New Orleans Foundation, the Donor Relations Associate may, from time to time, be asked to take on other assignments not covered in this position description (which is itself an evolving document). The Donor Relations Associate is expected to demonstrate openness and flexibility when asked to take on these new assignments.
- Every team member employed by the Foundation is expected to demonstrate:
- Honesty, integrity, professionalism, politeness, and courteousness
- High energy and a positive attitude
- A dedication to quality and accuracy
- An ability to work well with co-workers, especially in a small office
- An ability to fulfill their job requirements with minimal supervision
- Good oral and written communication skills
Compensation & Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience; salary range starts at $55,000. This position is exempt, and the employee will be eligible for the Foundation’s competitive health and benefits plan.
Application Instructions and Additional Information:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. For more information, you may reach out to the email provided above. Only complete applications will be considered. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert