The Greater New Orleans Foundation has been a trusted
philanthropic leader in the 13-parish Greater New Orleans region
for nearly 100 years. Our vision is to create a vibrant,
sustainable, and just region for all, and our mission is to drive
positive impact through philanthropy, leadership, and action. As a
community foundation, our resources are comprised of more than 900
charitable funds established by individuals, businesses, and
organizations with a passion for charitable giving and a deep
commitment to the Greater New Orleans region. As a civic leader, we
bring together passionate people from nonprofits, business,
government, and philanthropy to address our region’s greatest
The Foundation is an inspiring, engaging, challenging,
thought-provoking, diverse and dynamic place to work and advance
your career. We pride ourselves on investing in high-quality staff
members and encouraging success by allowing individuals the
opportunity to both contribute and enhance their skills and talents
as well as to share their unique perspectives as we address
community challenges. Our workplace environment nurtures a diverse
team and results in a broad base of staff knowledge and talent.
The Greater New Orleans Foundation Donor Relations Associate is
collaborative, independent, detail-oriented, and motivated. The
Donor Relations Associate is enthusiastic about providing technical
support and bringing about efficiencies for the daily operations of
the Development and Donor Relations Department. The Donor Relations
Associate reports to the Vice President for Philanthropy and works
closely with the Donor Relations Manager to ensure the highest
quality donor engagement and stewardship.
Donor Communication and Reporting
- Ensure exemplary and responsive customer service for donors in
tasks including but not limited to managing incoming gifts,
outgoing grants, and general support.
- Support donors and fundholders with general requests for
information and technical support, including walkthroughs of
DonorCentral to provide fund updates.
- Manage communication and activities around guiding grants
throughout the lifecycle.
- Manage communication with donors who have made gifts, including
confirmation and follow-ups (e.g., thank you letters).
- Identify opportunities for non-routine (customized) donor
communications in collaboration with the Donor Relations Manager
and ensure all reporting is executed in a timely and accurate
- Support the Development team in preparing and implementing mass
mailings and other donor communications.
- Develop segmented mailing lists to reach various Foundation
constituencies, working in conjunction with relevant Foundation
- Manage information updates to the Greater New Orleans
Foundation’s customer relationship management (CRM) system, FIMS,
working collaboratively with other members of the Foundation staff
to ensure information inputs to the CRM are consistent and in line
with strategic objectives.
- Manage routine donor communications and reporting, including
the generation of acknowledgment letters and receipts using the
- Optimize the Foundation’s CRM and generate reports to inform
the Department and Foundation leadership regarding giving trends,
metrics, and other key data.
- Identify opportunities to maximize the CRM’s reporting
capabilities in coordination with relevant Foundation staff.
- Provide support for internal/external meetings including
catering orders, room set-up, and clean-up.
- Maintain and coordinate the calendar for the Vice President for
Philanthropy as needed.
- Provide other ad-hoc assistance to members of the Department,
including preparing copies of materials, and drafting
correspondence, and supporting basic prospect research.
- Answer Department’s primary line in a friendly, prompt, and
professional manner; route calls to departmental colleagues or
respond to callers’ needs; and check voicemails throughout the
- Provide administrative support for major Foundation events such
as GiveNOLA Day and its biennial meeting.
- Provide front desk coverage as needed.
- Support the Vice President for Philanthropy in maintaining and
tracking the progress of activities within the Department’s project
- Maintain the Foundation’s grants tracking system and support
Foundation staff in coordinating and executing grant reporting
- Assist with scheduling, logistics, and other coordination of
activities associated with cross-departmental functions.
- Work with relevant Foundation stakeholders to implement fund
audits, ensuring compliance and adherence to donor intent.
- Implement information technology system updates together with
other relevant Foundation staff on behalf of the Development and
Donor Relations team.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Ability to effectively multitask.
- Enthusiastic about assuming a critical support role for the
- Highly detailed-oriented professional approach.
- Ability to make clear and timely decisions.
- Ability to thrive in a "small shop" environment.
- Receives constructive feedback positively and seeks to
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience).
- 3-5 years experience working in a professional office setting
(fundraising, non-profit, or sales-related field preferred).
- Familiarity with project management best practices.
- Excellent computer skills, including familiarity with MS
Office, nonprofit CRMs (e.g. FIMS, Raiser’s Edge), project
management software, and donor research tools (e.g., WealthEngine,
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Because of the fluid and evolving nature of work at the Greater
New Orleans Foundation, the Donor Relations Associate may, from
time to time, be asked to take on other assignments not covered in
this position description (which is itself an evolving document).
The Donor Relations Associate is expected to demonstrate openness
and flexibility when asked to take on these new assignments.
- Every team member employed by the Foundation is expected to
- Honesty, integrity, professionalism, politeness, and
- High energy and a positive attitude
- A dedication to quality and accuracy
- An ability to work well with co-workers, especially in a small
- An ability to fulfill their job requirements with minimal
- Good oral and written communication skills
Compensation & Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience; salary range starts at
$55,000. This position is exempt, and the employee will be
eligible for the Foundation’s competitive health and benefits
Application Instructions and Additional
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more
information, you may reach out to the email provided above. Only
complete applications will be considered. Applications will
be accepted until the position is filled.