Regional Director of Development (West Coast)
- Florida International University
- Florida, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Mar 28, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Capital Campaigns, Fundraising Administration, Other Fundraising
- Employment Type
- Full Time
*****This is a remote opportunity based in California and working for a university in Miami, Florida. Finalist must reside in a major city in California.*****
Serves as a front-line, external fundraiser whose primary responsibility is to identify, expand, diversity, and cultivate relationships with prospective and existing donors in the West of the United States of America. Under leadership of the Executive Director, the Director will direct and coordinate fundraising and alumni engagement efforts for the university-at-large.
- Directs fundraising activities for prospects and areas of focus, within assigned region. Sets cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies and development of proposals at the major gift level. Implements the annual strategic work plan and solicitation matrix that focuses on the internal and external objectives of University Advancement. Recommends and implements policies and procedures for fundraising activities at the University. Collaborates closely with other development and alumni relations teams.
- Manages a portfolio comprised of alumni, parents, and friends with giving potential of $25k and above. Develops and/or implements a strategically planned travel schedule to meet with prospects and donors, aligned with strategies and outcomes, in consultation with the Executive Director and Sr. VP & CEO. Manages professional and/or support personnel, including setting performance objectives, ongoing performance measurement, and appraisal. Meets the annual goal for personal contacts as established by the Assistant Vice President for Development.
- Travels throughout the West, including areas from California to Texas to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major gift prospects. Works collaboratively with colleagues across the university to create and implement donor-centric strategies that maximize philanthropic giving by prospects within their region. Builds and manages networks of relationships with prospective donors involving University administrators and faculty. Facilitates and coordinates all communication with these prospects and among the prospect's university relationships. Promotes positive relations with these individuals.
- Provides report and progress on a regular basis for Executive Director. Documents contact and prospects moves, tracking progress using Raiser's Edge, adhering to University Advancement prospect management guidelines and protocol.
- Participates in and adheres to university-wide prospect management guidelines for cultivation and stewardship of donors and prospects. Ensures the cooperative participation with Development staff in the University prospect management and tracking system, as well as with University alumni relations.
- Represents the University at public functions as needed. Engages in networking opportunities in the community and nationally that will generate greater awareness of Florida International University. Attends meetings, gatherings, or University-sponsored events, as required.
- Handles donated funds in the form of checks, stocks, or other negotiable securities. Accesses confidential information regarding gifts and donors and must maintain office policies on confidential information.
- Drafts, designs, and prepares proposals needed for the solicitation of prospective donors. Collaborates with Editorial Services as appropriate. Drafts, designs, and prepares personalized materials needed for the recognition and stewardship of donors, including gift acknowledgment. Collaborates with Donor Relations and Stewardship as appropriate.
Bachelor's degree and eight (8) years of experience with five (5) years in fundraising. A demonstrated career track record in identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and closing five- and six figure gifts and a history of stability with an organization. Supervises/ manages subordinate staff.
Starting at $100,000 and commensurate with experience.
This position is eligible to work remotely at the discretion of senior leadership.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access, Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please visit careers.fiu.edu and look for job opening ID#: 528846
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert