- The Nation
- New York, United States
- $56,500.00 - $56,500.00
- Closing date
- Mar 28, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Direct Marketing, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Major Gifts, Other Fundraising, Special Events, Administrative, Sales and Marketing
- Other Fields
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Nation is seeking a Development Coordinator to provide vital assistance to our fundraising team. The Development Coordinator will report to the Associate Publisher, Development to execute our digital fundraising program, including email campaigns, email cultivation, digital ads, paid search/social, and event marketing.
They will work with the Associate Publisher to create copy and creative for the various digital channels, and track digital performance stats. They will maintain and update landing pages and donation forms, as well as the legacy, leadership, and fundraising mini-sites. The Development Coordinator will also assist with special events and provide administrative assistance to the team as needed.
- At least 2 years of fundraising experience
- Must possess strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability work independently and prioritize tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Some knowledge and experience using donor databases (Every Action or equivalent) and email marketing platforms (Sailthru or equivalent) preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, Nonprofit Management or a related field is preferred
- Commitment to The Nation’s mission and interest in progressive politics
- Work with Associate Publisher to develop and execute email fundraising campaigns, including developing campaign strategies, testing and segmentation, drafting copy and designing creative, and ensuring deployment on a timely schedule.
- Draft and execute donor newsletter, along and cultivation to keep donors appraised of our work and journalism.
- Develop and execute paid search and paid social media campaigns.
- Maintain all digital collateral, including banner ads, light boxes, and touts.
- Maintain landing pages/donation forms and fundraising mini sites, update pages and develop new forms as needed.
- Ensure donor databases and email records are updated and accurate.
- Ensure sustaining donors are accurately tracked and develop strategies to grow monthly donors and upgrade existing donors.
- Maintain monthly reporting on email and digital performance.
- Manage the events calendar and provide technical assistance for online events, and provide assistance during in-person events.
- Manage event marketing calendar and deploy event marketing across all digital channels.
Benefits: The Nation offers excellent benefits, including generous health care, HRA/FSA coverage, retirement match, vacation policies, and paid sick days.
Applicants: Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Development Coordinator application.”
The Nation Co. LLC is an equal-opportunity employer. We welcome all applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran status, and strongly encourage candidates who identify as people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+, and/or gender nonconforming to apply.
This position is covered by the collective-bargaining agreement between The Nation and The NewsGuild of N.Y., CWA Local 31003, AFL-CIO.
Apply for Development Coordinator
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert