Director, Development Operations
- Hospital for Special Surgery
- New York, United States
- $145,000.00 - $150,000.00
- Closing date
- Mar 30, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Fundraising Administration, Other Fundraising, Administrative, Information Systems
- Health, Technology
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Director, Development Operations will be responsible for the overall leadership and direction of the information and technology needs for the HSS Foundation. The successful candidate will serve as a leader and manager, evaluating operations, analyzing data and information, and recommending solutions to help achieve strategic objectives and fundraising goals. She/he will oversee the management of the entire database, including data quality and software applications for analysis, communication, and reporting to support development staff and other partners. The Director will work closely with the Annual Giving, Prospect Research, Individual Giving, Special Events, Foundation Relations, and Principle Gifts teams to understand data and technology needs, provide training, and work to improve data access and functionality.
The Director reports directly to the Assistant Vice President for Development Operations and will supervise the Database Manager and two Development Associates, as well as hire additional professionals as needed to provide the best business solutions for the HSS Foundation. This position is based in our NYC office and is hybrid which is currently defined as three days in the office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and coordinate activities in the areas of database administration, constituent records, gift processing, reporting and documentation, and related technology support, ensuring that all systems and business practices effectively support the HSS Foundation and its internal and external constituents.
- Analyze current and emerging trends in information and technology solutions and provide strategic approaches to improve the current and future development operations activities.
- Evaluate and implement efficiencies and controls for the entry and maintenance of biographical, gift, and prospect management data.
- Recommend innovative short- and long-term solutions to the development operations team that will contribute to increased efficiency, accuracy, and access to meaningful data.
- Develop advanced solutions to impediments that hinder the effectiveness of the fundraising operations.
- Provide strategic leadership in the management and security for The Raiser’s Edge 7/NXT, Omatic/Importomatic, Luminate Online, DonorDrive, Tableau, and Alteryx.
- Ensure the overall accuracy and integrity by setting and implementing policies, procedures, and end user documentation under the direction of a data governance committee.
- Responsible for managing the request and delivery of data to internal and external partners. Includes mailing lists, prospecting requests, patient imports, and NCOA data changes. Proactively seeks ways to provide self-service solutions.
- Oversee the development of a comprehensive training program for users to maximize success in utilizing Raiser’s Edge and become proficient in the Foundation’s systems, workflows, and procedures.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree desirable, but not required.
- A minimum of 5 years managing a fundraising database and applications preferably in a healthcare or academic medical center development office.
- Preferred experience with the following systems: The Raiser’s Edge 7/NXT; Luminate Online, Omatic/Importomatic, DonorDrive, Tableau, and Alteryx.
Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Experience organizing, training, managing, and motivating teams to reach department and institutional goals.
- Demonstrated organization and planning skills (strategic, short- and long-term); strong follow-up and follow-through to ensure completion of plans, goals, and objectives.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to interact effectively with different departments and a diverse group of individuals.
- Entrepreneurial spirit; enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to exercise tact, diplomacy, and excellent judgment always.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert