Major Gifts Officer
- New York Civil Liberties Union Foundation
- New York, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Closing date
- Mar 31, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Major Gifts
- Other Fields
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Position: Major Gifts Officer
Terms of Employment: Full-time/Exempt
Location: 125 Broad Street, NY, NY 10004 (Hybrid)
Salary: $71,298 91,445
Application Deadline: March 24, 2023 or until position is filled
The New York Civil Liberties Union (NYCLU) is one of the nation's leading advocates on behalf of constitutional rights and liberties. Founded in 1951, as the New York affiliate of the American Civil Liberties Union, the NYCLU is a not-for-profit, nonpartisan organization with more than 180,000 members and supporters, and eight offices statewide. We work in the courts, in the legislatures and on the streets to advocate for racial and economic justice, free speech, freedom of religion, privacy and equality before the law for all New Yorkers. For more information, please visit our website: www.nyclu.org.DEI VISION STATEMENT
The NYCLU affirmatively values the humanity and contributions of those we work with, inside and outside of the organization; and will take action to build and sustain an equitable, anti-racist culture that centers the voices and experiences of marginalized and directly impacted people and communities, and an organizational environment where all people feel valued, trusted, and respected. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and having a workforce that reflects the population that we serve and actively recruit people of color, women, people with disabilities, formerly incarcerated people, and LGBTQ and gender non-conforming people.SUMMARY DESCRIPTION
The NYCLU seeks well-qualified candidates for the full-time position of Major Gifts Officer who would be dedicated to our mission and values. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Major Gifts Officer role will manage an individual donor portfolio at the Major to Leadership Gift level ($10,000 - $100,000).ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively manage a portfolio of prospects and donors, which includes cultivating and soliciting/closing gifts of $10,000 - $100,000.
- Analyze data and information to drive strategic development of a portfolio.
- Actively identify and formally qualify, cultivate, and solicit major and leadership gift prospects.
- Create individualized strategic and financial goals for each donor or prospect based on their history of giving, relationship to the organization and knowledge of the donor's potential.
- Track and report on portfolio activity and goals including number of donor meetings and meaningful, personalized donor contacts as well as dollars raised.
- Ensure that all donor information is up to date in the constituent management system (Salesforce).
- Build and nurture effective working relationships with staff and volunteers at NYCLU, the ACLU, and across ACLU affiliates.
- Collaborate with ACLU planned giving staff to qualify and assist in soliciting planned gifts from current donors.
- Stay continuously informed and up to date on civil liberties issues, along with ACLU and NYCLU work.
- Develop talking points to garner support and build understanding among ACLU supporters.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Substantial background in fundraising, including 5-10 years of direct experience with personal solicitations of major donors and prospects;
- Demonstrated success in personal cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and closing of leadership gifts at the five-figure level;
- Ability to understand and speak compellingly about the NYCLU's work across the many issue areas of civil liberties and civil rights;
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to create donor correspondences, donor briefings solicitation proposals, and pledge documents;
- Results-oriented with the ability to meet deadlines and goals;
- Ability to think strategically; engage people with a variety of backgrounds and viewpoints; and work meticulously with close attention to detail;
- Experience working with fundraising databases, competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Strong interpersonal skills and poise; tactful, diplomatic and assertive;
- Experience working in large multi-issue organizations a plus;
- Sound judgment in maintaining donor confidentiality;
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced yet informal setting.
Please submit your resume and cover letter that includes your experience in major gifts fundraising, where or how you learned of this job posting, and a writing sample (either a funding proposal OR a donor strategy memo [remove all personal information]) via https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1575247/New-York-Civil-Liberties-Union-Foundation/Major-Gifts-Officer. If feasible, please submit these materials as a single PDF.
The NYCLU is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, record of arrest or conviction or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and having a workforce that reflects the population that we serve.
The NYCLU is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please e-mail email@example.com. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert