Mission & Vision
Parc Center for Disabilities has a mission to provide
opportunities for children & adults with developmental
disabilities to exercise their independence and experience life to
the fullest. Our vision is a community where all individuals live
with dignity and are treated with respect. Further, our shared
purpose is to provide exceptional experiences for our participants
each and every day.
What We Value
Parc Center for Disabilities – Together we
- Respect – we treat everyone as a person first.
Dignity guides all interactions ad we proudly work together as a
team to advance the vision and mission of our organization.
- Integrity – we exercise honesty, transparency,
and the highest level of ethical practice. We believe firmly in
always doing the right thing, even when no one is looking.
- Service – we believe in making a difference to
the person in front of you. We serve every individual and family in
our care with compassion, empowerment, kindness, and purpose.
- Empathy – we step into the world of those we
serve and those who serve our organization. All actions are guided
by first asking ourselves what another may be thinking, feeling,
experiencing, or enduring.
As a member of the executive leadership team and a senior
development professional, you will create and implement a strategic
vision for our comprehensive fundraising program, in partnership
with the CEO and Board of Directors. As a fundraising professional,
you will build a fund development program and create a development
plan to reach long-term goals, including deepening alliances with
donors, expanding the planned giving program, and growing the donor
base within the Tampa Bay & St. Petersburg, FL region. As a
high-energy, innovative, and accomplished professional, you will
bring the gravitas and strategy to this new role to ensure the
financial sustainability of Parc Center for Disabilities.
You will join a financially stable organization with seasoned
and high-performing C-Suite executives, vibrant employee base,
strong brand, engaged Board of Directors, and deep community
As one of the oldest – we’re celebrating 70 years in
February 2023 – and largest non-profits in St. Petersburg – we have
350 team members & growing! – you’ll find a dedicated
team, unified in building an engaged, thriving, people-centered
Inspire a Philanthropic Culture
- Ensure and support a culture of philanthropy throughout the
- Engage and empower a growing development committee.
- Work closely with the CEO to plan clear short-term and
long-range revenue goals and metrics that are challenging but
- Strategically leverage the time of the CEO and Board to meet
- Encourage collaboration among senior leadership team and work
with Parc's staff to identify their respective roles as part of the
- Model professionalism, transparency, delivery, and
Advance the Fund Development
- Execute a fundraising program that offers a range of
philanthropic opportunities that align with individual, corporate
and foundation interests and celebrate all contributions with
- Mobilize and motivate a high-performing fundraising staff to
exceed ambitious goals
- Develop and implement a comprehensive, innovative, and
integrated strategic development plan with a focus on annual,
major, and planned giving through a commitment to donor-centered
- Create and develop new opportunities for long-term, strategic,
and mutually beneficial corporate partnerships.
- Determine appropriate strategies for cultivation and
solicitation with particular emphasis on major unrestricted
- Oversee the execution of a potential phased capital campaign to
support new building and renovation projects.
- Forecast and plan a schedule of subsequent campaigns, such as
- Create, facilitate, and regularly monitor the performance of a
fund development plan that specifies goals and objectives;
cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for annual,
major, and planned giving; foundation grants; and timelines, action
items and assignments.
- Put in place protocols to ensure timely and meaningful
stewardship of all donors and engage and inspire diverse
- Supervise development staff responsible for all fundraising
activities, including grants, special events, and donor
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; 10-plus years of experience; at
least five of which in a leadership position.
- Accomplished mission- and metrics-driven leader who has deep
experience in all core fundraising functions.
- A builder with a demonstrated ability to create a culture of
philanthropy by leading organizations to new levels of
- Collaborator who works successfully with high-level board
members, colleagues, volunteers, and the community-at-large.
- An inspiring manager, coach, and mentor, who has mobilized and
led high-performing advancement teams especially while pivoting in
response to opportunities.
- An accomplished fundraiser with a track record soliciting and
closing seven-figure gifts.
- Outstanding verbal and written skills to effectively
communicate with donors, volunteers, institutional leaders, and
- A senior professional with gravitas to skillfully build
authentic relationships among diverse.
Special Certifications, Registrations, Licenses or
- Valid Florida Drivers’ License with acceptable driving
- Ability to pass a Level II background screening and drug
- CFRE credential preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- A heart for people first and foremost.
- Have a collaborative, agile approach, with a growth mindset.
The ability to quickly pivot is important.
- Have a learning attitude and natural curiosity for how things
work, with a desire to improve processes and procedures without
judgement for how things were done in the past.
- Lead by example in action, principle, and tone. Be present and
visible in the community.
- Deep knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, or other Blackbaud
- Experience leading comprehensive campaigns (particularly
capital and endowment)
- Able to use independent judgment to plan, prioritize and
organize a diversified workload in a fast-paced environment with
real-world problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work with confidential materials, including
contracts and donors’ personal information.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage
- Excellent analytical, written, and verbal communication,
employee interaction, decision-making, management, organizational
and project management skills.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Product Suite, Raiser’s Edge
and other electronic tools like Zoom and Paylocity.
Parc Center for Disabilities offers a comprehensive and generous
compensation and benefits package including the following:
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 2 Personal Days
- 18 PTO Days
- Health, Dental, & Vision coverage as well as voluntary
supplemental benefits like Short-Term Disability, Accident,
Critical Illness, Life & AD&D.
- Health Savings Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
$110,000 to $150,000 depending on skills, experience, and