Chief Development Officer
- Parc Center for Disabilities
- Florida, United States
- $110,000.00 - $150,000.00
- Closing date
- Mar 31, 2023
- Position Type
- Executive, Fundraising, Annual Fund, Capital Campaigns, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Other Fundraising, Special Events
- Advocacy, Health, Other Fields, Philanthropic Advisors, Social Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Mission & Vision
Parc Center for Disabilities has a mission to provide opportunities for children & adults with developmental disabilities to exercise their independence and experience life to the fullest. Our vision is a community where all individuals live with dignity and are treated with respect. Further, our shared purpose is to provide exceptional experiences for our participants each and every day.
What We Value
Parc Center for Disabilities – Together we RISE:
- Respect – we treat everyone as a person first. Dignity guides all interactions ad we proudly work together as a team to advance the vision and mission of our organization.
- Integrity – we exercise honesty, transparency, and the highest level of ethical practice. We believe firmly in always doing the right thing, even when no one is looking.
- Service – we believe in making a difference to the person in front of you. We serve every individual and family in our care with compassion, empowerment, kindness, and purpose.
- Empathy – we step into the world of those we serve and those who serve our organization. All actions are guided by first asking ourselves what another may be thinking, feeling, experiencing, or enduring.
As a member of the executive leadership team and a senior development professional, you will create and implement a strategic vision for our comprehensive fundraising program, in partnership with the CEO and Board of Directors. As a fundraising professional, you will build a fund development program and create a development plan to reach long-term goals, including deepening alliances with donors, expanding the planned giving program, and growing the donor base within the Tampa Bay & St. Petersburg, FL region. As a high-energy, innovative, and accomplished professional, you will bring the gravitas and strategy to this new role to ensure the financial sustainability of Parc Center for Disabilities.
You will join a financially stable organization with seasoned and high-performing C-Suite executives, vibrant employee base, strong brand, engaged Board of Directors, and deep community roots.
As one of the oldest – we’re celebrating 70 years in February 2023 – and largest non-profits in St. Petersburg – we have 350 team members & growing! – you’ll find a dedicated team, unified in building an engaged, thriving, people-centered work environment.
Inspire a Philanthropic Culture
- Ensure and support a culture of philanthropy throughout the organization.
- Engage and empower a growing development committee.
- Work closely with the CEO to plan clear short-term and long-range revenue goals and metrics that are challenging but realistic.
- Strategically leverage the time of the CEO and Board to meet fundraising goals.
- Encourage collaboration among senior leadership team and work with Parc's staff to identify their respective roles as part of the fundraising team.
- Model professionalism, transparency, delivery, and agility.
Advance the Fund Development Program
- Execute a fundraising program that offers a range of philanthropic opportunities that align with individual, corporate and foundation interests and celebrate all contributions with enthusiasm.
- Mobilize and motivate a high-performing fundraising staff to exceed ambitious goals
- Develop and implement a comprehensive, innovative, and integrated strategic development plan with a focus on annual, major, and planned giving through a commitment to donor-centered relationships.
- Create and develop new opportunities for long-term, strategic, and mutually beneficial corporate partnerships.
- Determine appropriate strategies for cultivation and solicitation with particular emphasis on major unrestricted gifts.
- Oversee the execution of a potential phased capital campaign to support new building and renovation projects.
- Forecast and plan a schedule of subsequent campaigns, such as for endowment.
- Create, facilitate, and regularly monitor the performance of a fund development plan that specifies goals and objectives; cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for annual, major, and planned giving; foundation grants; and timelines, action items and assignments.
- Put in place protocols to ensure timely and meaningful stewardship of all donors and engage and inspire diverse prospects.
- Supervise development staff responsible for all fundraising activities, including grants, special events, and donor database.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required; 10-plus years of experience; at least five of which in a leadership position.
- Accomplished mission- and metrics-driven leader who has deep experience in all core fundraising functions.
- A builder with a demonstrated ability to create a culture of philanthropy by leading organizations to new levels of philanthropic achievement.
- Collaborator who works successfully with high-level board members, colleagues, volunteers, and the community-at-large.
- An inspiring manager, coach, and mentor, who has mobilized and led high-performing advancement teams especially while pivoting in response to opportunities.
- An accomplished fundraiser with a track record soliciting and closing seven-figure gifts.
- Outstanding verbal and written skills to effectively communicate with donors, volunteers, institutional leaders, and staff.
- A senior professional with gravitas to skillfully build authentic relationships among diverse.
Special Certifications, Registrations, Licenses or Other Requirements
- Valid Florida Drivers’ License with acceptable driving record.
- Ability to pass a Level II background screening and drug test.
- CFRE credential preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- A heart for people first and foremost.
- Have a collaborative, agile approach, with a growth mindset. The ability to quickly pivot is important.
- Have a learning attitude and natural curiosity for how things work, with a desire to improve processes and procedures without judgement for how things were done in the past.
- Lead by example in action, principle, and tone. Be present and visible in the community.
- Deep knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, or other Blackbaud system
- Experience leading comprehensive campaigns (particularly capital and endowment)
- Able to use independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload in a fast-paced environment with real-world problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work with confidential materials, including contracts and donors’ personal information.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage cross-functional projects.
- Excellent analytical, written, and verbal communication, employee interaction, decision-making, management, organizational and project management skills.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Product Suite, Raiser’s Edge and other electronic tools like Zoom and Paylocity.
Parc Center for Disabilities offers a comprehensive and generous compensation and benefits package including the following:
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 2 Personal Days
- 18 PTO Days
- Health, Dental, & Vision coverage as well as voluntary supplemental benefits like Short-Term Disability, Accident, Critical Illness, Life & AD&D.
- Health Savings Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
$110,000 to $150,000 depending on skills, experience, and abilities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert