Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate
change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people
like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit
with a growing staff of more than 850 people in nearly 30
countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate
pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the
effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can
have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to
governments worldwide, and even in space.
Our culture, https://www.edf.org/our-mission-and-values.
Click or tap if you trust this link."
data-linkindex="0">values and https://www.edf.org/diversity.
Click or tap if you trust this link."
href="https://www.edf.org/diversity" target="_blank" rel="noopener"
data-auth="Verified" data-linkindex="1">commitment to
diversity make EDF an exciting and meaningful place
to work. Every job here makes a difference. Won’t you join
This hybrid position can be based out of any of our EDF offices
(Austin, Boston, Boulder, New York, Raleigh, San Francisco, and
Washington, D.C.) or remotely anywhere within the continguous
Environmental Defense Fund is hiring a Director of Donor
Content, Marketing, to design, execute, and manage best-in-class
content and campaigns that persuade key donors and prospects to
The ideal candidate is:
- A creative thinker, strategist, and doer with deep experience
producing successful content and marketing campaigns.
- A proactive communicator and idea generator, full of
collaborative energy and drive, who can build and manage multiple
projects while delivering high-quality work on quick
- Someone with a big picture, campaign-focused strategic sense
and an up-to-date understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of
the latest digital tools.
- Someone with experience making research-based recommendations
that marry audience insights and goals with deep knowledge of
storytelling and digital distribution tools.
Reporting directly to the AVP, Creative, Marketing, the Director
will work closely with the EDF Content and Brand team and serve as
the main marketing liaison to the Development department including
development communications colleagues and donor portfolio managers.
This position will map content and marketing to the behaviors and
networks of key donors and prospects and have primary
responsibility for campaign and content requests (primarily video
and web) from the Development department.
- Develop communication and marketing strategies and campaigns to
drive fundraising goals and objectives and execute against those
strategies using data to inform decisions.
- Serve as main marketing liaison to Development department;
generate ideas, advise on opportunities, problem-solve challenges,
and develop content to drive donor results.
- Create and implement high quality content – video, written,
web, etc. – using relevant distribution channels and tools;
collaborative effectively with colleagues across EDF as appropriate
to deliver on campaigns.
- Measure and analyze campaign metrics in real time, working
closely with the Performance Marketing team and making on-the-fly
adjustments to boost effectiveness; make recommendations for more
effective use of existing channels and identify new tools and
channels to maximize results with limited resources.
- Partner with the Content and Brand team to ensure external
campaigns are on message and on brand.
- Project manage content, video and creative campaigns; managing
multiple campaigns and projects simultaneously under tight deadline
- Identify, contract, and manage outside vendors, budgets and
teams as needed.
- Participate in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all
backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered
to address the environmental and organizational challenges in
alignment with EDF values.
- As needed, serve as mentor to more junior marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, print or
video/web production, or other relevant field.
- 10+ years of combined experience in major donor, individual and
institutional fundraising, marketing/communications and related
fields; proven experience creating content to drive fundraising
- Passion for storytelling in all forms. Creativity to appeal to
a range of audiences through a variety of mediums.
- Demonstrated strategy development experience and ability to
translate strategy into workplans to execute against.
- Demonstrated experience developing strategic, successful
- Proven experience of video, web, print or graphic design
production and deep knowledge of digital distribution tools.
- Proven copywriting skills.
- Experience with project management with relentless attention to
detail, stellar organization skills, and ability to manage multiple
projects efficiently and effectively under tight deadlines.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills;
in-person and virtually.
- Demonstrated experience with client management and experience
with and commitment to helping teams work together at a high level
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; familiarity with Adobe
Creative Cloud a plus.
- Familiarity with the latest digital marketing/analytics tools
and demonstrated experience using data to inform recommendations
and decision-making; ability to marry audience insights with
- Passion for environmental progress is not required, but it will
make the work more interesting.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and
inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders
across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive
salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities
consistent with a modern global organization.
The pay range for this role is 125,000 - 135,000
USD which takes into account factors such as
candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and
How to Apply
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter on our careers site
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal
opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are
considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
basis prohibited by law.