Director, Donor Content, Marketing
- The Environmental Defense Fund
- District of Columbia, United States
- $125,000.00 - $135,000.00
- Closing date
- Mar 31, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Direct Marketing, Donor Relations, Administrative, Sales and Marketing
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 850 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
Our culture, https://www.edf.org/our-mission-and-values. Click or tap if you trust this link." href="https://www.edf.org/our-mission-and-values" target="_blank" rel="noopener" data-auth="Verified" data-linkindex="0">values and https://www.edf.org/diversity. Click or tap if you trust this link." href="https://www.edf.org/diversity" target="_blank" rel="noopener" data-auth="Verified" data-linkindex="1">commitment to diversity make EDF an exciting and meaningful place to work. Every job here makes a difference. Won’t you join us?
This hybrid position can be based out of any of our EDF offices (Austin, Boston, Boulder, New York, Raleigh, San Francisco, and Washington, D.C.) or remotely anywhere within the continguous United States.
Environmental Defense Fund is hiring a Director of Donor Content, Marketing, to design, execute, and manage best-in-class content and campaigns that persuade key donors and prospects to support EDF.
The ideal candidate is:
- A creative thinker, strategist, and doer with deep experience producing successful content and marketing campaigns.
- A proactive communicator and idea generator, full of collaborative energy and drive, who can build and manage multiple projects while delivering high-quality work on quick turnaround.
- Someone with a big picture, campaign-focused strategic sense and an up-to-date understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of the latest digital tools.
- Someone with experience making research-based recommendations that marry audience insights and goals with deep knowledge of storytelling and digital distribution tools.
Reporting directly to the AVP, Creative, Marketing, the Director will work closely with the EDF Content and Brand team and serve as the main marketing liaison to the Development department including development communications colleagues and donor portfolio managers. This position will map content and marketing to the behaviors and networks of key donors and prospects and have primary responsibility for campaign and content requests (primarily video and web) from the Development department.
- Develop communication and marketing strategies and campaigns to drive fundraising goals and objectives and execute against those strategies using data to inform decisions.
- Serve as main marketing liaison to Development department; generate ideas, advise on opportunities, problem-solve challenges, and develop content to drive donor results.
- Create and implement high quality content – video, written, web, etc. – using relevant distribution channels and tools; collaborative effectively with colleagues across EDF as appropriate to deliver on campaigns.
- Measure and analyze campaign metrics in real time, working closely with the Performance Marketing team and making on-the-fly adjustments to boost effectiveness; make recommendations for more effective use of existing channels and identify new tools and channels to maximize results with limited resources.
- Partner with the Content and Brand team to ensure external campaigns are on message and on brand.
- Project manage content, video and creative campaigns; managing multiple campaigns and projects simultaneously under tight deadline pressure.
- Identify, contract, and manage outside vendors, budgets and teams as needed.
- Participate in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- As needed, serve as mentor to more junior marketing professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, print or video/web production, or other relevant field.
- 10+ years of combined experience in major donor, individual and institutional fundraising, marketing/communications and related fields; proven experience creating content to drive fundraising results
- Passion for storytelling in all forms. Creativity to appeal to a range of audiences through a variety of mediums.
- Demonstrated strategy development experience and ability to translate strategy into workplans to execute against.
- Demonstrated experience developing strategic, successful marketing campaigns.
- Proven experience of video, web, print or graphic design production and deep knowledge of digital distribution tools.
- Proven copywriting skills.
- Experience with project management with relentless attention to detail, stellar organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and effectively under tight deadlines.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills; in-person and virtually.
- Demonstrated experience with client management and experience with and commitment to helping teams work together at a high level of excellence.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud a plus.
- Familiarity with the latest digital marketing/analytics tools and demonstrated experience using data to inform recommendations and decision-making; ability to marry audience insights with goals.
- Passion for environmental progress is not required, but it will make the work more interesting.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization.
The pay range for this role is 125,000 - 135,000 USD which takes into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
How to Apply
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter on our careers site at: https://www.edf.org/jobs/director-donor-content-marketing
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert