Major Gifts Officer
- Caramoor Center for Music & the Arts
- New York, United States
- $85,000.00 - $95,000.00
- Closing date
- Apr 1, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Annual Fund, Major Gifts, Prospect Research, Other Fundraising
- Arts, Education
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Come share your love of community, music and the arts, while working on a historic and beautiful estate and having access to some of the best live music around!
Reporting to the Vice President and Chief Development Officer, the Major Gifts Officer is responsible for identifying, cultivating, and soliciting a portfolio of Caramoor donors and prospects. The Major Gifts Officer will play an important role in developing Caramoor’s leadership pipeline by managing all activities of the Advisory Council, including recruitment of new Advisory Council members. The Major Gifts Officer will be a strategic thinker who will focus on acquisition, including identifying and qualifying new prospects and coordinating special projects as needed.
- Manage a personal portfolio of current Caramoor donors for solicitation and cultivation purposes; provide excellent patron service and cultivate and solicit strategically with an emphasis on upgrades. Designs and applies custom cultivation and stewardship strategies for each donor/prospect.
- Acquire and develop prospects for annual gifts and special projects; partnering with with the Vice President of Development and Caramoor’s President and Chief Executive Officer, as well as other members of the Development Team.
- Supports activities of Caramoor’s Advisory Council, including identification and recruitment of new members and ongoing solicitations for both annual fund and special events. Develops stewardship activities that deepen Advisory Council members’ relationship with Caramoor. Identifies potential new Board of Trustees members from the Advisory Council.
- Manage special solicitation efforts as needed, including creating written materials, tracking progress, and producing detailed reports.
- Leverages Raiser’s Edge NXT database to capture visit reports and donor updates, reporting and analysis.
- Assist with donor benefit fulfillment and support donor care efforts such as pre-concert dinners, open rehearsals and priority ticketing, etc.
- Enters call reports with details on donor interactions in to Raiser’s Edge NXT database in a timely manner.
- Represents Caramoor at its special events and concerts throughout the year.
- 3-5 years’ experience in fundraising with an emphasis on individual solicitation. Familiarity with the performing arts, particularly music is a plus.
- Strong writing skills and experience developing fundraising materials. Impeccable interpersonal skills. Commitment to delivering high level of donor service.
- Exercises discretion regarding confidential and institutional information and excellent judgment working with high-level donors, volunteers, and Board/Council members.
- Willingness to work nights and weekends is required, particularly during summer season.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and database management. Raiser’s Edge NXT and/or Spectrix experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a related field.
Caramoor offers a caring benefits package to full time employees 90 days from hire:
- Medical Insurance (Employer pays 75% premiums and 100% deductible/co-insurance)
- Life Insurance (Employer paid)
- Long Term Disability Insurance (Employer Paid)
- 401 (k) Plan w/ Employer Match
- Generous Paid Time Off (13 Holidays, plus Sick, Vacation and Personal Days)
- Voluntary Benefits (Dental, Vision, Commuter/Parking Benefits Plan, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Aflac)
Caramoor is also a Public Student Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) eligible employer.
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Major Gifts” in the subject line. We will only contact candidates being considered. No phone calls, please.
Caramoor joins with those who seek to promote equality, eradicate injustice, and support inclusion. As in a choir, our world benefits from a multitude of voices coming together in harmony.
Caramoor is committed to a fair and equitable workplace. Caramoor is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO); this means that all aspects of employment, including recruiting, advertising, hiring, training, promotions, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoffs, disciplinary action, and discharge shall be conducted on the basis of qualification and ability without regard to race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, color, age, gender, national origin, citizenship or immigration status, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
We pledge to uphold equality in our hiring and employment practices, and to create an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work.
ABOUT CARAMOOR / https://caramoor.org/
Our mission is to enrich the lives of audiences through innovative and diverse musical performances of the highest quality; mentor young professional musicians; and engage children through interactive, educational experiences that deepen their relationship to and their understanding of music. These three prongs — music performance, musician mentoring, and music education — inform everything we do.
Located on an 80-acre campus in Katonah, NY, Caramoor Center for Music and the Arts, Inc. is a 501c3 non-profit arts center that has been in continuous operation since 1946. It presents approximately 55 live music performances throughout the year in a wide range of genres, culminating in a major summer season starting in June through early August. Caramoor also trains the next generation of classical musicians and provides music-based arts education to local schoolchildren. Through its public programs and community events, Caramoor annually serves approximately 40,000 people.
Caramoor was the home of arts patrons Lucie and Walter Rosen who opened their doors in 1946 to welcome artists and audiences to be inspired by music in the context of their beautiful gardens, historic buildings, and a collection of art. Classical music — from chamber and orchestral to opera — forms the core of Caramoor’s programming, but over the years, the programming has grown to include jazz, American Roots, world music, American songbook, family programs, and more. Caramoor also rents its facilities and grounds for private events.
Apply for Major Gifts Officer
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert