The Supportive Housing Network of New York
The Supportive Housing Network of New York (the Network)
represents more than 200 nonprofit organizations that have created
over 55,000 units of supportive housing across New York State. The
Network uses advocacy, public education, training, technical
assistance, research, and policy analysis to increase the public's
understanding of supportive housing – affordable housing with
voluntary services for formerly homeless people with disabilities
and special needs. The Network identifies and shares best practices
that continually improve the model’s effectiveness and, most
importantly, encourages the creation of enough supportive housing
to end homelessness among the most vulnerable New Yorkers.
Currently, our members are adding thousands of units of supportive
housing per year under two historic initiatives: the State’s Empire
State Supportive Housing Initiative (ESSHI), creating 20,000 units,
and the City’s NYC 15/15, creating 15,000 units, both over fifteen
The Executive Assistant is a full-time, hybrid position based in
New York City. The person in this role is required to work in the
NYC office twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This position
reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Chief
Financial & Administrative Officer. This is an
entry-level position supporting the Network’s executive,
administrative and events functions, with room to take on more
responsibilities in the future if desired.
- Assist in drafting materials for Executive Director’s speaking
- Coordinate with Executive Director on board nomination
- Coordinate board meetings, keeping track of minutes, preparing
documents, catering, etc.
- Coordinate with Executive Director and CFAO on board
communications and documents.
- Create staff lobbying reports and track Executive Director’s
- Manages office’s shared calendar, as well as calendar and
meeting schedule for Executive Director.
- Maintain filing of board documents for annual audit.
- Assists Executive Director with other executive items as they
- Supports the Network’s DEIA initiative.
- Provides administrative support for Racial Equity in Supportive
- Supports city policy team with outreach to city council members
and scheduling meetings/tours.
- Maintains and updates stakeholder contact information in the
- Opens and distributes mail, scanning, logging and filing all
- Coordinates travel, lodging and registrations for all Network
- Coordinates office events and special occasions including
lunches, dinners, staff birthdays & anniversaries, retreats,
- Maintains Network Housing Guide and responds to housing calls,
routing to appropriate agency for assistance.
- Responsible for overall office maintenance and appearance,
liaising with building staff on repairs and maintenance needs.
- Takes inventory of office supplies and places orders with
- Assists CFAO with other administrative items as they
- Provides administrative and logistical support around
workshops, trainings, mixers and major Network events including the
Conference, Gala, Annual Meeting and Lobby Day.
- Assists in the coordination of panel workshops for the Annual
Conference including researching and meeting with panelists,
drafting panel discussion topics, scheduling planning sessions and
authoring relevant titles and descriptions.
- Support ticket outreach and manage follow up on attendee names
for all events.
- Manage the government comp registration process for the Annual
Conference and Gala.
- Support Gala fundraising committee, including scheduling
monthly meetings and preparing documents.
- Supports staff with the creation and set up of all event
- Supports staff with management of registration tables on the
day of all Network events.
- Assists staff with other event items as they arise.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role providing
administrative support to a busy team.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and Access, as well as Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong time management, organization and prioritization
- Ability to multi-task and work well with several individuals
- Supports an environment which fosters teamwork, cooperation and
- Experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong coordination and follow-up skills.
- No task too small attitude.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary: $50,000.00
- 100% employer covered medical, dental, vision, and life
- 403b retirement plan with employer contributions
- Hybrid work schedule
- Generous PTO & winter holiday office closure
- Office closes at 1pm on Fridays
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include “Executive Assistant” in the subject line of your
email. No phone calls, please.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Network is an equal opportunity employer. No individual will
be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, age, gender,
sex, genetics, sexual orientation, creed, religion, national
origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran
status, political or union affiliation, or marital status. This
policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including
recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, benefits, leaves of
absence, training and apprenticeship, employee development,
promotion, demotion, transfer, lay-off, recall and termination.
The Network is committed to fostering, cultivating and
preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our
employees are the most valuable assets we have as an organization.
The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences,
knowledge, innovation, self-expression and unique talent that our
employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not
only our culture, but our reputation and achievements as